Review of Reason 111 Why I'm Gay

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Reason 111 Why I'm Gay

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reason 111 Why I'm Gay" by Jai Scott.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reason 111 Why I'm Gay by Jai Scott discussed homosexuality and the factors that could lead someone to become and remain homosexual. Jai Scott narrated her path as a lesbian married to a gorgeous woman with two children. She also shared the challenges she faced because her family and community wouldn't accept her sexuality. The author outlined one hundred and one reasons why she chose to be a lesbian and why she would remain a lesbian.

The author's entire approach to writing is brilliant. It has a pleasant tone and some humorous touches. She attempts to communicate in the most straightforward manner possible. Jai talks about lesbianism without offending the male audience, even though it is apparent that she isn't attracted to the male gender sexually. She earns my respect with that. The writer's bravery in coming out this way is admirable, especially given that the LGBTQ+ concept is still unfamiliar to many people.

The author's style of using a comic-book format for writing makes it fun and exciting. Some sexually graphic materials might be a little offensive to some readers. However, it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of Reason 111 Why I'm Gay. The author's choice of art style is fantastic; most of the cartoon drawings are very pretty and quite self-explanatory. The author also includes captions, which excellently explain what each picture depicts.

This book serves as an inspiration for readers to have self-assurance regarding their sexuality. The fact that the author based the narrative on genuine events from her own life makes the book a fascinating read. The book is short and makes for an enjoyable read. It is the type of book that would be appropriate to leave some copies on a table at a spa for patrons to peruse while waiting their turn. I will recommend the book to any adult still unsure about their sexuality, particularly the LGBTQ+ community. It's possible that the book might not be as appealing to male gay readers as it will be to their female lesbian counterparts.

The author may have been able to respond to some of the often inquired issues regarding homosexuality. Those questions include: Do people become homosexuals because of an abusive encounter with the opposite sex? Is homosexuality a passing phase? Do people grow to become homosexuals, or is homosexuality an acquired taste? There are answers to these questions and many other questions.

There was nothing I disliked, and Reason 111 Why I'm Gay was exceptionally edited. Therefore, I'd rate it a 5 out of 5.

Reason 111 Why I'm Gay
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.
Vincent Banet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vincent Banet »

Homosexuality has become one of the things that people now engage themselves in so this book try to reveille what this can course ok n the society
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

As a gay man, I firmly believe in the 'born this way' concept. The fact that she 'chooses' to be a lesbian is certainly a different approach. Your review has piqued my curiosity so I'll give this one a read, thanks.
Valentine Nyanchama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valentine-nyanchama.html
Latest Review: From Burnout to Belonging by Kimberly Carozzi

Post by Valentine Nyanchama »

It is really interesting to get a book that talks of the current trend of embracing the queer community. Jai Scott talks of her experience as a lesbian and I would like to read this book and get to know what the queer people face generally. It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. I am definitely going to read this book by Jai Scott.
Valentine Nyanchama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valentine-nyanchama.html
Latest Review: From Burnout to Belonging by Kimberly Carozzi

Post by Valentine Nyanchama »

It is really interesting to get a book that talks of the current trend of embracing the queer community. Jai Scott talks of her experience as a lesbian and I would like to read this book and get to know what the queer people face generally. It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. I am definitely going to read this book by Jai Scott.
Upphilan Paul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Upphilan Paul »

I like this review. Well detailed and it tells us what thee books really contains. Good job.
Ruth Chege 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-chege-2.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann

Post by Ruth Chege 2 »

"Diversity and Inclusivity" is a theme that prevails throughout this book. I love how the author accepted herself as a lesbian.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Review "Based on your review, it seems that Reason 111 Why I'm Gay by Jai Scott is an engaging and well-written book. The author's bravery and honest depiction of her own experiences as a lesbian are commendable. The comic-book format and beautiful art style add to the enjoyment of the read. While some sexually graphic content may not suit all readers, it doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment. This book serves as an inspirational read for those unsure about their sexuality, particularly within the LGBTQ+ community. It appears to be a worthwhile read and I would recommend it based on your review."

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”