Review of Sonora Pass

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Re: Review of Sonora Pass

Post by Sameena Ansari »

An action-packed reunion turned murder mystery in 'Sonora Pass' sounds exhilarating. I'm intrigued by the humour and the mystery trail Private Investigator Jonah follows. I'm excited to dive into this suspenseful tale.
Danny Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danny-anderson.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Danny Anderson »

This book is a captivating narrative that underscores the value of enduring friendships. Thanks for the review.
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

The meaning of Good Friendship is not clear to me accurately, I hope I get to see the defined friendship through this book.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Prakhar Awasthi
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prakhar-awasthi.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Prakhar Awasthi »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos and Kevin Nichols. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the book and found certain aspects appealing. Your review provides valuable insights into the story, its characters, and the overall message.

Your appreciation for :techie-studyingbrown: the inclusion of specific dates in the narrative and the portrayal of characters is a helpful observation for potential readers. It seems the authors did a good job of maintaining consistency in character development throughout the book.

Your feedback on the use of untranslated Spanish words and the lack of further explanation regarding the divorce case adds a constructive dimension to your review. This information can help other readers decide whether these aspects would impact their enjoyment of the book.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

The text beautifully highlights the essence of true friendship through the Celia and Maite relationship. It's heartwarming to see how genuine friendships can bring love and support during challenging times.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

I appreciate the inclusion of specific event dates in the book, adding depth to the narrative, and the authors' skill in maintaining consistent character portrayals throughout. Congrats on BOTD.
Nganyi Humphrey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nganyi-humphrey.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Nganyi Humphrey »

This book is a nice read for lovers of historical fiction. It informs the reader of the importance of having good friendships. Friendship is imperative to progress in life. This book is about a reunion in Montreal.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos is a book with an interesting story on friendship. In this book, Esteban met his old friends (Jonah and Raul) with the hope to rekindle old memories. I will consider reading to learn more about friendship.
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

The review zeroed in on the friendship tale of the story. I readily thought that it was a drama. I do not go readily for drama but I do sometimes give in being an avid fan of anything that can be read, especially if, just like any reader, it can hold me and my interest in my seat reading it for a long time. But I can see that there are other elements in it. Some commented that it is an adventure story also. No wonder the title connotes a place and perhaps scenery or danger. Some commented that it is a murder mystery story. The review mentioned an investigation. What could it be? The review also mentioned that it is a historical fiction. What could be the history involved in the story? It is also stated in the review that there is a part of the story left for the reader to think about or guess about. The story seems to be simple yet there seem to be criss-cross and intersections presented in the review showing it is complex at the same time.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I like that the main theme of Sonora Pass is friendship. I'm interested to see how the author explores this theme with friendships between various characters in the story. I like that the is simple and captivating. The only downside to the book is the untranslated Spanish bits.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This is a graphical book that shows the importance of good friendship. The book uses the relationship between Celia and Maite and other characters to show the importance of good friendship. I love how the author makes use of images to represent characters in the book. Nice review.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

This is a good review. I love books on friendship because I believe friends can make or mar us. A murder mystery added to it sure makes the book something I'd love to read.
Funke Fenwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funke-fenwa.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Funke Fenwa »

This book is a must read....
To have friendship on earth is peaceful blissful..
I love this book
We all need friends to succeed
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

"A friend in need is a friend in deed".
Through friendship, we explore the depths of empathy, compassion, and the beauty of shared experiences, reaffirming that we are, at our core, social beings seeking connection and companionship.
Thanks for nice review.
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading: You Can Heal Your Life
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

I want to read more graphic novels. Sonora Pass looks amazing. I have purchased it for free on Kindle. That it is a murder mystery and illustrated makes it so interesting! As a child I loved comics, and I hope to love this one too. I genuinely like books that talk about friendship. It makes me feel great to read a story about friends. This is an excellent review. You clearly state why you've given it the rating you have but do not miss out on what flaws this book has. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”