Review of Grandma Goody

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Grandma Goody

Post by Chee Amaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grandma Goody" by Randy Cornell.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Grandma Goody by Randy Cornell is an intriguing science fiction novel that narrates the adventures of an elderly woman who takes down thugs who commit crimes. She was later dubbed Grandma Goody by the masses.

Detective Jackson is a hard-working man who is focused on his career and barely has time for love. His department joins forces with Vision Quest in order to apprehend Grandma Goody, as she is now perceived as a threat to society. Who is this mysterious woman who seems to promptly uncover criminals' tracks? A twist of bewildering events occurs as things are no longer as they seem. Is there also more to Vision Quest than meets the eye? Read on to find out.

I love Detective Jackson's character, as he is a critical thinker who seems to question any sneaky move at his workplace. Grandma Goody is a very likable character. Her personality shows she has a compassionate heart. However, she leaves no stone unturned as she sees to it that criminals are brought to book. It's as if she possesses supernatural powers, as she was able to read the minds of the cartel thugs. I enjoyed the battle that ensued between her and Mr. Myers' advanced technology assets. I was equally amazed at how she redirected the flames upward with her telekinetic abilities.

This book discusses contemporary themes such as racism, domestic violence, and the importance of family. It is filled with suspense, as the reader keeps wondering if Grandma Goody is truly human. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered her true identity and connection with Detective Jackson. The book narrates the sequence of events in a friendly and conversational tone.

I was quite disappointed that Grandma Goody didn't get to explain how she got her supersonic abilities. I do hope this is the first book in the series, as it shouldn't have ended in this manner. Again, it was quite easy to guess her identity at first. However, as the sequence of events progressed, it became difficult to guess who it would be. Nevertheless, this aspect didn't prevent me from enjoying the book. I highly commend the author for his creative abilities in compiling this book.

I didn't find many errors in the book; it was edited by a professional. With this, I won't hesitate to rate it 5 out of 5 stars, as it's educational and teaches good values.

This book is ideal for adults who enjoy fantasy science fiction with technological advancements in science. It is not recommended for children as it contains a high level of violence.

Grandma Goody
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I like how you describe this book, it's full of fiction, I love that. Thanks for your review.
I really like the supernatural, and fantasy. I would like to read it soon.
King Nyebuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-nyebuchi.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by King Nyebuchi »

It's great that it intertwines the discussion of contemporary teams with the story. That's indeed great. Thanks for the review.
Chee Amaka

Post by Chee Amaka »

King Nyebuchi wrote: 28 Jun 2023, 00:26 It's great that it intertwines the discussion of contemporary teams with the story. That's indeed great. Thanks for the review.
I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.
Chee Amaka

Post by Chee Amaka »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 16:46 I like how you describe this book, it's full of fiction, I love that. Thanks for your review.
I really like the supernatural, and fantasy. I would like to read it soon.
I’m glad you enjoyed reading this. Thank you.
Da_JumogM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-da-jumogm.html
Latest Review: Wired to Become by Dr. Britt Andreatta

Post by Da_JumogM »

Grandma Goody? Interesting! However, society has a way of returning bad for good. While will they dub Grandma Goody a bad person when she helps them catch criminals? Great review.
Areej Sarwar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Areej Sarwar »

I'd be happy to provide a review for Grandma Goody, but I need more information about what Grandma Goody is. Is it a product, a service, or something else? Please provide some details so that I can give you an accurate review.
Naureen Rajput
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Naureen Rajput »

I love this way who describe the Grandama Goody, When i was reading a few lines. Im intresting the all characters of this books No doubt i was also the curiosity did the Detective Jackson will find out the reality about Grandma Goody
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

Giving the goons a run for their lives is Grandma Goody. How and why was a person of good character thought to be a threat to society? I'm curious to know. Your analysis is intriguing. You infused the characters with mystery and spiced it up with some superhuman abilities. I believe I'll enjoy the book.
Upphilan Paul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

This is a captivating and mind-hacking read with a compelling review and I long to read this book and see what you've read. I like your review. Good job.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”