Review of ME

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of ME

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "ME" by Simmerbreeze.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

ME by Simmerbreeze is a book focused on the autobiography of Ronald T. Little. The story's details revolve around his family (nuclear and extended), children and grandchildren, and the outcome of his life. It is an exciting story about a young black boy who grows up with bad influences and role models despite being surrounded by his family. Though he engages in various criminal activities, he is what you will call "a bad boy with a conscience." Unsurprisingly, he still tries to turn from a life of crime to a responsible life. However, influences go deep. Can he overcome these influences?

The book was written in a conversational style, which was great because the reader would never be bored. The conversational style created an image of a storyteller narrating his life stories to a group of people, which was impressive. There was also the use of "lol" and other casual words to further affirm the author's conversational style.

ME used references from various sources, like Wikipedia and Intersection Magazine. This approach is commendable, as the book incorporated other people's views and opinions about a subject matter.

The author used some words and terms without explaining the meaning. Examples include AFDC, Kryptonite, and "1:30 an hour." Readers would have to do further research to get their meaning and figure out their context in the narrative. That would give the reader more work to do. It would also break the reading momentum.

The back-and-forth element used in the book was not properly done. It would leave the reader with questions and confusion. Some parts of the book were rushed. Apart from the childhood of the protagonist, Ronald, every other thing there happened quickly. There was no base story on his grandchildren. I was reading about the children who were still young when I found myself reading about the grandchildren. The book also needed to be adequately edited, as there were multiple errors.

I rate the book ME 3 out of 5 stars. Two stars are deducted because of the number of grammatical errors, the confusion while reading, and some parts of the story being rushed. If you enjoy stories of people who struggle to live above the negative influences around them, you will find inspiration from the pages of this book.

ME
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The feedback on the review for "ME" acknowledges the conversational style employed by the author, which successfully engages the reader. The inclusion of references from various sources is commended for incorporating different perspectives. However, the review points out some shortcomings, such as the use of words and terms without explanation, leading to the need for additional research. The back-and-forth element is mentioned as being unclear and confusing at times, and certain parts of the book are perceived as rushed. The presence of grammatical errors is noted as a detractor. The overall rating is 3 out of 5 stars, with deductions for the errors, confusion, and rushed portions. The book is recommended for those who appreciate stories about individuals striving to overcome negative influences.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

Overcoming influences is definitely not an easy task. I usually do not consider people with a conscience to be bad. The protagonist's being "a bad boy with a conscience" is oxymoronic to me. I love the detailed nature of your review, keep it up. It sounds like a promising book.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

A struggle between right and wrong. Early life influences have the power to make or break. It would be interesting to watch which side he decides to support and what influences him. Nice and thorough review:)
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"ME" by Simmerbreeze sounds like an engaging autobiography of Ronald T. Little, portraying his journey from a young black boy surrounded by bad influences to his attempts to turn away from a life of crime. The conversational writing style keeps the reader interested, but some unexplained terms and rushed parts may cause confusion. Despite some grammatical errors, the book offers inspiration for those seeking to overcome negative influences. I appreciate the reviewer's honest assessment and will consider reading the book to explore Ronald's story further.
Boitumelo A M
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Boitumelo A M »

"ME" by Simmerbreeze is a captivating and thought-provoking book that delves deep into the complexities of self-discovery and personal growth. The author's writing style is both engaging and introspective, inviting readers on a journey of self-reflection.One of the standout qualities of "ME" is the author's ability to create relatable and realistic characters. Each character is unique and genuine, allowing readers to form an emotional connection with them. As the story unfolds, we witness their personal struggles, triumphs, and moments of self-discovery, which adds depth and authenticity to the narrative.Simmerbreeze's exploration of the theme of self-acceptance is particularly commendable. Throughout the book, the characters navigate through various challenges and obstacles, ultimately learning to embrace their true selves. This message of self-acceptance serves as a powerful reminder to readers that it is okay to be who they are and to pursue their own paths towards happiness.The pacing of the book is well-balanced, providing a blend of introspective moments and intriguing plot developments. Simmerbreeze's attention to detail in describing settings and emotions further enhances the reader's immersion in the story, making it feel even more relatable and real.Overall, "ME" by Simmerbreeze is a beautifully written and inspiring book that encourages readers to embark on their own journey of self-discovery. With its relatable characters, thought-provoking themes, and compelling storytelling, this book is sure to leave a lasting impact on its readers.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

This word sound funny to me "A bad boy with a conscience." I believe that the major negative influence comes from the toxic environment. When one's environment is negatively influenced, it'll becomes a custom to behave in that negative way.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”