Review of Mandala Mindulness

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Storm+
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Review of Mandala Mindulness

Post by Storm+ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mandala Mindulness" by Holly Summers.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mandala Mindfulness by Holly Summers is an adult coloring book with precisely 40 pages of mandalas and various (often geometric) designs that are likely to appeal to those with an interest in coloring. This coloring book, while certainly accessible to children, is geared toward providing adults with an activity with which they can relieve stress, relax, and have fun while seizing the opportunity to be creative. 

There were a variety of things that I loved about this coloring book. For example, the designs were beautiful and varied; some designs were simple and fun, while others were more intricate and challenging. Furthermore, in terms of structure, I appreciated that the pages were single-sided, meaning no color from the previous page was able to come through to mar the next page. I also appreciated that the author provides her audience with plenty of space to test colors before using them, including a page explicitly dedicated to that purpose. Put simply, I found this to be an excellent coloring book, and I have very much enjoyed having the opportunity to color in it. 

There was nothing at all that I disliked about this coloring book. In fact, the only thing that I could identify as a "negative" aspect is that some of the coloring pages are rather similar. However, personally, I found this to be a strength. Because I had enjoyed coloring the original pages, I was glad to have more pages that were similar to them. 

I decided to rate Mandala Mindfulness by Holly Summers 5 out of 5 stars. I loved this coloring book and believe that it is of excellent quality. As a result, I saw no reason to give it a lower rating. 

I would recommend this coloring book to those with an interest in abstract coloring pages. While this coloring book was created primarily for adults, I believe that children would probably enjoy coloring in it as well. As a result, there is no one I would not recommend this coloring book to. 

Mandala Mindulness
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The first time I heard of an adult coloring book I totally misunderstood.
Dalhatu Usu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalhatu-usu.html
Latest Review: Why God Allows Evil and Suffering by Sine Nomine

Post by Dalhatu Usu »

An adult coloring book !!!! That's weird. Now I'm curious what it'll look like.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

This is surprising! Honestly, this is the first time I am seeing adult coloring book. I thought coloring books are for children. Well, I'll be glad to see the interior.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”