Review of Billionaire Rules

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Billionaire Rules" by Andrew Stevenson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The knowledge in this book is derived from the wealth of experience of a macro hedge fund portfolio manager, investment banker, and climate risk advisor who has practiced for thirty years.

This book is about the guiding philosophy of wealth creation, the laws inherent in society, and the rules one can follow to get wealthy. The first part of this book discusses 60 rules that detail how our current economic system works. In the later part of the book, the author talks about 20 rules that might make the world a better place.

Rule 14, which says that humans spend two-thirds of their lives in school or retirement, stood out for me in this book. I have decided to spend 2/3 of my life making money and not in retirement or learning after reading the facts in this rule.

I read this book when there was heightened tension in the political ecosystem in my country; the judiciary was making the final judgment on who the winner of the presidential election was. The quote in the 48th rule says a lot about the outcome of the judgment that was delivered.

There are things I like about this book. This book is complete; its content touches on climate change, politics, and building wealth. The rules in this book have an accompanying illustration to help the reader better understand the concept being described. Furthermore, the rules in this book are like nuggets of wisdom; I spent time assimilating each of them.

This book has no characters, plot, or setting. The editing is flawlessly done because I noticed zero errors while reading through. I have nothing to dislike about this book. Considering the above, I confidently award this book a five out of five stars rating.

I recommend this book to anyone with the hunger to understand how wealth flows in an economy. Economists will also find the information in this book insightful. Billionaire Rules by Andrew Stevenson was an enjoyable read for me.

Billionaire Rules
View: on Bookshelves
Dalhatu Usu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalhatu-usu.html
Latest Review: Why God Allows Evil and Suffering by Sine Nomine

Post by Dalhatu Usu »

A man once said "If given 3 hours to cut down a tree, he'll spend the first two hours sharpening his axe" I've always been of the opinion that greatness comes by living strictly in accordance with certain principles. 'Billionaire rules' certainly sounds like one of the must read books for aspiring billionaires. Plus I appreciate when an actual billionaire writes on subjects like these.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Great review. I agree with Dalhatu that books like this are helpful when written by someone who has been there and done that.

I find it intriguing how little about the economy and wealth is taught and it is a topic that a lot of people would benefit from. I'm also one for following rules, so this adds to the appeal.
dzoneasif
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by dzoneasif »

Billionaire Rules by Andrew Stevenson is a captivating exploration of the principles and practices that have propelled some of the world's most successful individuals to the pinnacle of wealth and influence. With a blend of storytelling, practical advice, and insightful analysis, Stevenson takes readers on a journey through the lives and mindsets of billionaires, offering valuable lessons for those aspiring to achieve similar levels of success.

One of the book's standout features is Stevenson's ability to humanize these seemingly untouchable billionaires. He goes beyond the typical portrayal of wealthy individuals and delves into their backgrounds, struggles, and motivations. This approach makes the book relatable and inspiring for readers from all walks of life. Stevenson's storytelling skills shine as he weaves anecdotes and personal stories into the narrative, making the concepts and principles discussed in the book engaging and easy to grasp.

Moreover, "Billionaire Rules" emphasizes the significance of mindset and attitude in achieving success. Stevenson argues that while strategies and tactics are essential, one's mindset ultimately determines their ability to reach the billionaire status. This emphasis on the psychology of success sets the book apart from many others in the genre and adds depth to its content.

However, one minor drawback is that the book occasionally verges on idolization of billionaires, portraying them as infallible geniuses. While the success stories are undoubtedly inspiring, a more balanced approach that acknowledges the controversies and ethical concerns surrounding some billionaires would have added depth and credibility to the narrative.
Last edited by dzoneasif on 15 Sep 2023, 17:42, edited 2 times in total.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Nenye Charles »

From your review, I’m curious to find out the hidden principles embedded in this book. The title alone is eye catching. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Nenye Charles »

From your review, I’m curious to find out the hidden principles embedded in this book. The title alone is eye catching. Thanks for a wonderful review.
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

"Billionaire Rules" by Andrew Stevenson offers valuable insights into wealth creation, economic systems, and societal improvement. It's a complete and well-illustrated guide suitable for those interested in economics and wealth accumulation.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

I like this review, so distinctive. I realised that people at the top have certain principles they always follow. I like the author for disclosing the rules.
Franklin Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franklin-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Franklin Onyenwe »

I liked your review; it piqued my interest in reading the book, 'The Billionaire Rule,' especially where it pointed out the certain philosophy that guides wealth creation.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”