Y: The Last Man Book One

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SlayRich
Bookshelf Size: 0

Y: The Last Man Book One

Post by SlayRich »

I'm new to comic so I have a lot to catch up on but I loved the first book of this crazy and funny story about a plague that kills all males of all species except one man and his monkey which is a male. He has to survive a gang of women called the amazon and travel across the country with a secret agent and a scientist. I can't say much more about the book to avoid spoilers but the ending of the first book was great.
I've ordered the rest of the books because I am so into it right now. The characters are great and the funny jokes (Which are mostly adult) are incredible. It is crazy and and the art is well done also. I'd recommend it to anyone who has read the walking dead and for comic fans alike.
habsfan212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habsfan212.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by habsfan212 »

It’s a great comic! The ending destroyed me. You ave everything in there, great world-building, incredible storytelling and character development. It also is a really feminist comic, for obvious reasons, which I found enjoyable. For those who loves this, I strongly recommend Saga by the same author.
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

I love both Y the Last Man and Saga. Both have brilliant writing, great world building, and thrilling action scenes that are funny and suspenseful at the same time. I highly recommend both series.
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
glubglub200
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glubglub200.html
Latest Review: Mr. Germ by Itzel Machado

Post by glubglub200 »

I haven't read the comic yet but this definitely makes me want to read it more. It's on my list.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

Y: The Last Man is a great read from start to finish, I thoroughly enjoyed all of my time with it and they're actually releasing a TV series adaptation very soon! Brian K Vaughan has done several other great comics too- Saga is a masterpiece and possibly one of the best things I have ever read

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”