Review of Sonora Pass

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rahul Singh 29
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Re: Review of Sonora Pass

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

"Sonora Pass" is a story that dives into big questions about fate and friendship. As the band gets back together and uncovers a mystery, it shows how our past connections affect us now. It also talks about how searching for truth can be like playing music—sometimes it's smooth, sometimes it's not. Congrats to the author, #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

I do not like graphics in between my reading except it's for a good cause. This book seems to have a good cause for its graphics, I like that the storyline is about friendship and brings some thrillers and comics. Kudos to the reviewer for such a precise review.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Sonora Pass seems like a unique graphic novel with a great storyline. I like that the book has elements of love, mystery and crime. I look forward to reading this book. Congratulations on making botd!
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: Orinthia by Most Everyone

Post by Ram Sahni »

Sonora Pass may not be a game changer in the mystery genre, but it, of course, tightens it. This is not about a witty clue or a phenomenal unveiling. It is a kind of guttural inquiry into how the past blinks into the present and how even those who are closest to us can become unrecognizable in the muted light.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book offers readers a captivating journey through friendship, love, and mystery. The novel's intricate plot unfolds gradually, drawing readers in with its unique blend of elements and commendable graphics that convey messages effectively. Nice review.
Raju Tikale
Favorite Book: The Way of the Goddess
Currently Reading: Waterworks
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raju-tikale.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 22
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Raju Tikale »

Story told via comic book that of 1995 .....it's really interesting....stories of that time make sense in many ways as people and things happen to them were also real.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

A comic about family, friends and foe with the touch of mystery and thriller. I cant remember the last time I read comic and appreciate the artwork so I'm adding this to my list. A good read to those who are in reading slump.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: At Vitoria by Marcia Riman Selz

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

The review effectively captures the essence of "Sonora Pass," depicting how Esteban and Rachel's divorce meeting evolves into a journey of friendship with Jonah and others. The setting in Montreal adds depth to their bond, culminating in a memorable band reunion.
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: At Vitoria by Marcia Riman Selz

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

The review effectively captures the essence of "Sonora Pass," depicting how Esteban and Rachel's divorce meeting evolves into a journey of friendship with Jonah and others. The setting in Montreal adds depth to their bond, culminating in a memorable band reunion.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

The review captures the essence of how life's unexpected turns bring people together. I like how it highlights the significance of friendship amid life's challenges, like divorce and career changes. The mention of music and reunions adds depth to the story, showing how shared passions bond friends across time and distance.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

The cover of the book is colourful and inviting. And from your review, the author must have done a great job using illustrations to tell this story. I find it difficult to reconcile the book being a comic since the initial plot I read was about divorce, but I'm interested to see how the plot development goes.
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by byrondsouza »

"SONORA PASS" by Jaime Olmos is a murder mystery book. The book is presented in graphic form with speech bubbles. I loved the graphics however I am not a fan of reading comic book-style speech bubbles as it gets me dyslexic as to where to read now. That is just my opinion. However as per the content, one would like to read this book if they are into murder mystery solving with some humour. Congrats on BOTD!!
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading: The Slippery Road.
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Your review of "Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos and illustrated by Kevin Nichols is beautifully detailed and insightful. Your appreciation for the plot, characters, and overall execution shines through. It's clear you thoroughly enjoyed the book. Great job!
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Tropical Scandal by David Myles Robinson

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

Jaime Olmos's "Sonora Pass" is not just a whodunit. Instead, this is an exploration into the depths of the characters, where the real mystery resides. True, a murder is the turning point of the movie, but a genius way of shaping the audience's opinion about the main characters, who are long-term friends, deserves praise.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

I have not come across comic books of this kind before. The illustrator did a great job with the cover art. I will give this book a chance. Thank you for the review.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”