Review of Sonora Pass

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Review of Sonora Pass

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

For graphic novel fans, Jaime Olmos presents the story of a college band called Jabberwocky. Years later, they gather together for a reunion filled with friendship, romance, mystery, and a member found dead. Grab a copy to find out what happens. Thank you for the terrific book review.
Sylveria Savage
Favorite Book: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylveria-savage.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance

Post by Sylveria Savage »

Sonora Pass sounds like a captivating read! I'm always drawn to stories that explore the complexities of friendship, and it seems like this book does just that, with a blend of love, crime, and mystery. Can't wait to dive into it
MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-ugochi-asogwa.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA »

The review highlights the importance of embracing every opportunity in life due to its brevity and unpredictability. It emphasizes the significant impact that friends, family, and even foes have on our experiences and memories. The book "Sonora Pass," authored by Jaime Olmos and illustrated by Kevin Nichols, explores the theme of friendship. Nice review.
Okocha Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

I love books about friendship. They are beautiful to read about but difficult to keep in reality. The comic book Sonora Pass is one I'd love to read because of the promise of an amazing storyline.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

As a prospective reader, the review of "Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos, illustrated by Kevin Nichols, presents an intriguing narrative centered around themes of friendship, love, crime, and mystery. Your enthusiasm for the book's unique blend of genres and engaging plot is evident, drawing me in as a potential reader. Congrats on BOTD.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

This narrative beautifully reminds us of life's fleeting nature and the importance of seizing every opportunity. The interactions with friends, family, and even foes leave a lasting impact on our experiences. "Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos explores the complexities of friendship, adding depth to our understanding of human connections.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

One of the most traumatizing things one can experience in life is Divorce. I hope this couple find a way to kiss and make up at the the end and the divorce issue becomes a thing of past. Big kudos to the author for winning BOTD with this book.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your great review. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much and it was edited so well too. In general, I do like books about friendship and different feelings, but I'm not a fan of comic books. Perhaps because I never grew up with them and I'm old now. I know my teenage son does like them. I will let those who enjoy this type of book read it while I pass on it.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 352

Post by Tars »

I have never liked to read graphic novels and while I admit that plots and character developments, relationships and backgrounds are on par with any other genre in literature, I don't like them and never will. I didn't even watch any of the numerous movies and TV-series based on them and thereby prefer to pass this book. Still congratulations on BOTD!
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by Martina Sette »

I loved your review about this book. It highlights its intricate plot and engaging storytelling. The blend of love, crime, and mystery, coupled with commendable graphics, makes it an interesting read.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

A captivating tale that seamlesly blends humor, mystery, and twist. I appreciate the quality of the illustrations in this book. The artwork brings the story to life to enrich our reading experience. The storyline sounds promising, but I don't really enjoy graphic novels. This book is a must read for fans of this genre. Thank you for the recommendation. Nice review.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I like stories about friendship and to mix it with crime and suspense in a comic book form is very interesting so I’m looking forward to digging into this one to find out how Esteban and his friends addressed the challenges they encountered.
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your riveting review on "Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos, beautifully illustrated by Kevin Nichols. It is a heartwarming journey that invites young readers to explore the wonders of nature while embracing the values of friendship and teamwork through awesome visuals. This is a read of love, crime and mystery and how the story unfolds gradually, eventually revealing a plot that captivates the reader's attention. I've got it on my to read shelf because I love comics. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.

:tiphat:
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1910
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Sonora Pass' by Jaime Olmos has a thought-provoking introduction. It serves as a good background to the action thriller story for curious readers. The point that this is a story about friendship is worth mentioning in the review. Readers will note a unique blend of love, crime, and mystery in this book. Also, as mentioned in the review, the story focuses on friends, family, and foes we've had throughout our lives and have impacted our experiences. Learning that the book is recommendable to readers who enjoy comic books with a hint of crime and suspense was great!
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Midnight Mass
Bookshelf Size: 610
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: No One Will Hear You Scream by EJ Goldberg Phillips
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 29%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I enjoy comic books and have all of mine saved from the 60s. Modern graphic novels, however, are a bit new to me, but this might just be worth checking out. Congrats to all those involved in bringing this story to life.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”