Review of Sonora Pass

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Re: Review of Sonora Pass

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Sonora Pass tells a story about friendship and how our lives keep intertwining across time, when we create memorable relationships.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I not read a graphic novel in over 10 years, so this is really bringing back my comic book obsession. I cannot wait to get this book and get acquainted with Esteban and his host of friends. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

"Sonora Pass" is an enthralling comic book that captivates readers with its intriguing plot and well-developed characters. Written by Jaime Olmos and beautifully illustrated by Kevin Nichols, this novel is a masterpiece that explores various themes such as friendship, love, crime, and mystery. The story follows the adventures of a group of friends as they navigate through life's challenges while also trying to solve a puzzling mystery. Olmos masterfully weaves together suspenseful moments and heartwarming scenes to create a novel that is both thrilling and emotionally resonant. If you enjoy suspenseful books, I highly recommend "Sonora Pass". Congratulations on being the BOTD!
Prince Ekeoma
Currently Reading: The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Prince Ekeoma »

"Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos. An interesting book to read, talks about friendship, people we meet in one way or the other. They have impacted our experiences and the things we remember about our lives. Love, crime, and mystery is certain with. Congrats on your #BOTD.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This definitely interesting. I am glad to read that although the pace was slow at first, it eventually picked up enabling the reader to enjoy poring over the whole story. I will definitely enjoy the combination of love, crime, and mystery. I have added the book to my shelf and look forward to following Esteban and the other characters. Thanks for the review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Quantitative Research Made Easy by Claude Phiri

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Sonora Pass" by Jaime Olmos and Kevin Nichols. Your review has piqued my interest in the book, especially with its unique blend of love, crime, and mystery. It's fascinating to hear how the characters' relationships evolve, particularly Jonah's sacrifices for his friends.

I appreciate your insights into the book's engaging plot and commendable graphics. It's encouraging to hear that the story picks up after a slow start, indicating a rewarding read. Your 5-star rating and recommendation are compelling reasons for me to consider adding this book to my reading list.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for "Sonora Pass" and look forward to experiencing the intricate storyline and memorable characters you've described. Thank you for your detailed and enthusiastic review!
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

"Sonora Pass" is a comic-styled novel that talks about friendships and the impact people can have on each other. The book follows several characters through their journey without it getting overwhelming for the reader. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Jaime Olmos' novel "Sonora Pass" combines mystery, crime, and love in a novel way. The artwork and suspense combine to make for an engaging reading experience. Friends are just as vital in life as family. Concerning friendship For those who like crime thrillers in their graphic novels, this book is great. It receives five stars from me.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

I love how this comic book focuses on making the most of every opportunity. I want to know how Jonah and Esteban's life unfolds after the turn of incidents. Looking forward to reading this comic book. Thanks for the review. Congrats on the BOTD!
Levy Banda
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Levy Banda »

Reading such books really can make someone think they are watching a movie. I just have to read the whole book to the end #sonorapassbyjaimeolmos.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The narrative's ability to intertwine moments of vulnerability, shared experiences, and unexpected twists resonated deeply with me. The portrayal of Jonah as a multifaceted character struck a chord, reminding me of the intricate dynamics within my own circle of friends.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I commend Jaimie for making her plot engaging despite it being slow. This will reward my reading experience, as I shall be able to relate to Jonah, the reviewer's favourite character.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Kelly-Anne K
Currently Reading: NADEEM'S JOURNEY
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Kelly-Anne K »

You had me at "Comic books with a hint of crime and suspense". I look forward to reading Sonora Pass by Jaime Olmosis and learning something new. This review was clear, inviting and painted a good picture of the story.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

The graphics, mystery, and tension all make for an engaging reading experience. For those who like crime thrillers in their graphic novels, this book is great.Your in-depth and interesting analysis of "Sonora Pass" demonstrates how much you value the book's intriguing plot and original mix of genres. It's clear that you admire the author's inventiveness and the book's eye-catching illustrations. I appreciate your kind review.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. This is a comic book. The theme of this book is love,crime,mystery. The content is about friendship.The book is well edited and is an engaging and fantastic plot. Graphic illustration is included in this book.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”