Review of Gone Bodfishin’

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aia Aia
Favorite Book: Gods Whisper Always Near
Currently Reading: Exceptions to Their Rule
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aia-aia.html
Latest Review: Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.

Re: Review of Gone Bodfishin’

Post by Aia Aia »

"Gone Bodfishin'" is a tale of adventure and a profound exploration of the human spirit and the transformative power of embracing the unknown. With a blend of humor, humility, and raw honesty, the author invites readers to join them on a wild, unforgettable journey that inspires them to seek out their uncharted waters and embrace the magic of the unknown.
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Return of the Knights
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Dan Polumbric »

This book attempts to tell a tale of creativity and ambition, with humour. Will the main character, a bored college student, succeed in his career change to become a Hollywood stuntman? Could be an exciting read. I've spotted spelling mistakes, needs editing though.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

"Gone Bodfishin'" by David Clark Done introduces Luke, a college student and part-time worker, who embarks on a thrilling journey after meeting Al, a cab driver with dreams of creating a movie set. The characters, including the witty Dean, contribute to a gripping tale that explores the pursuit of an American dream. The use of dialect-speaking dialogue in this comic book enhances the authenticity of the conversations, providing an engaging reading experience. Nice review.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

An interesting fictional piece that encourages the boldness to follow one's dream. Incredible character development and story telling. Great read. Congrats on #BOTD
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

Books like this one, featuring characters unafraid to take bold steps toward a more fulfilling life, are always fun to read. I don't think this one is for me, though. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

Gone Bodfishin

Choosing to become a stuntman to better yourself in life, which allows you to pursue your dreams of becoming the very best version of yourself. Before this took place, Luke was in college and he dropped out to see what he could do differently with his life. Im glad that he had a partner that has the same mindset as him because they can relate and work well together.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Gone Bodfishin’ by David Done is a comic book and the main characters are Luke, a tax return examiner looking to find a new career and Al, a cab driver by night and by day a man with a mission to create a movie set in the desert three hours from Bakersfield. Al told Luke in his cab that he used to be a stuntman and if Luke came to work for him, he would teach him how to be a stuntman. Luke arrived at the “future” movie set and finds 10 old dilapidated buildings that were barely standing on their own and he was given the jail as his place to sleep. Everything in the jail was buried in a thick coat of dust and he wondered if this was real. After a hard day's work with Al clearing out junk he went with Al to Al’s house, met Al’s wife and had a meal with them. Al told Luke to come by each day for a meal after work. Al claimed to have another partner other than Dean who did nothing that actually had money to invest in the project. Will it succeed and will Luke establish a new career? One needs to read the book to learn the fate of this project. Good review.
Sham Gwalani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sham-gwalani.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sham Gwalani »

"Gone Bodfishin'" is comic adventure by David Done. It is about youngsters pursuing the American dream. From the review, I understand that it is an interesting story about Luke's adventure. Looking forward to read it.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It is good to read that Luke is willing to get out of his comfort zone to try something new, and this is definitely a move that will come with many surprises. I am adding the book to my want-to-read shelf to know what happened and how life eventually turned out for Luke. Many thanks for the informative review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
ISIAK OPEYEMI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isiak-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Hale by JK Noble

Post by ISIAK OPEYEMI »

A short read loaded with adventure, mystery, and romance, with a hero who loves taking risks and is set in the 1960s. The review is well-detailed and very insightful. Amazing book overall!
Latest Review: Hale by JK Noble
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

It’s always good and satisfying to read about a young person’s enthusiastic stepping-out into the world, and in on such an unusual venture. David’s review is easy to read and lays out the plot beautifully, without any spoilers. It’s always a good thing to be warned about any profanity and sexual content.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I love comic book but am not a fan of AIs. However, the plot is interesting. It is great that David is about the reach his dream.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

This is a very informative review! I sampled the episode of Luke meeting Al and Al offering Luke to become a stuntman but I am yet to read up to Luke's decision to accept Al's offer and go to the Al's filming set you mention in the review. I did encounter a few errors so I support your mention in the review that the book is yet to be professionally edited. But sampling was enjoyable :)
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

It's never to late to start over again and do things which makes you feel more alive.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

'In Gone Bodfishin', Luke's decision to become a stuntman unfolds into a captivating narrative. Al, the mastermind, and Dean, the witty companion, add depth to the story making it a must-read for those seeking an enthralling escape.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”