Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Post by Ika Apro »

The title is very interesting. It makes me feel like it is written by a person who wasn't very priviledged in life. According to the review, the combination of fiction and non-fiction should also be interesting. I usually enjoy fiction more and would like to see how the combination plays out.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

The title is very interesting. It makes me feel like it is written by a person who wasn't very priviledged in life. According to the review, the combination of fiction and non-fiction should also be interesting. I usually enjoy fiction more and would like to see how the combination plays out.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

I agree with the review about the book cover. People may miss out on this book since the cover doesn't associate with the theme. I appreciate the author for accommodating different religions even though I am sceptical about reading it. The inclusion of different religions doesn't mean the book will be beneficial to all. Thank you for the review.
Ashaadhiambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ashaadhiambo »

The abundant knowledge on masterful effortless theory makes one curios to learn more about it. The book is great especially for people struggling to create balance between living their normal lives and pursuing their life goals. I would say the book is a must read considering I am a big fan of self_help books.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Erik Quisling's 'Philosophy from the Mud' is a captivating blend of fiction and non-fiction that offers profound insights into the Theory of Masterful Effortless. I found the incorporation of fables to be a delightful bonus, enhancing the overall reading experience.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

A self help book with fables about you are what you think and the effortless theory. The author put emphasis on how we perceive ourselves. A profound book indeed & definitely a must read for those who wants to see success in their life. Congrats for being selected as the #botd. Well deserved!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nikhil Jadhav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Nikhil Jadhav »

After reading sample of the book I agree with the review that author has creatively used fictional characters to prove his point of how you can live your life effortlessly yet effective. This review has picked my interest to read the full book now. I hope this self-help book helps me to improve and evolve me as a good and strong person.
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

Thank you for providing a detailed and insightful review of "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling. Your breakdown of the book's combination of fiction and non-fiction elements and your focus on the Theory of Masterful Effortless provides potential readers with a clear understanding of the book's core concepts.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

The book "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling presents a novel approach to philosophical investigation by fusing profound scholarly research with practical knowledge. With her ability to clearly handle complicated ideas, Quisling encourages readers to reflect on life's major concerns while keeping them anchored in real-world events. His writing style is captivating, enabling everyone to understand abstract concepts. Through personal tales and provocative observations, Quisling invites readers to reconsider their presumptions and accept the complexity of life. All in all, "Philosophy from the Mud" is an engaging read that will appeal to both seasoned philosophers and inquisitive beginners alike, with significant takeaways that will be discussed long after the book is closed.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I am intrigued by the five laws of the Theory of Masterful Effortless towards a life of effortless and carefree life, such as abundance knows no bounds. Thanks for the review.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

In 'Philosophy from the Mud,' Erik Quisling presents a compelling exploration of the Theory of Masterful Effortless, offering readers a roadmap to abundance and fulfillment. I appreciated the author's focus on mastering Effortless Theory through words, feelings, and actions, accompanied by insightful quotations and thought-provoking stories.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by grace ruhara »

The Philosophy from the Mud helps readers understand the five laws of Effortless Theory and how to put it into practice.
Nasir Shaikh
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nasir-shaikh.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Nasir Shaikh »

Thanks for your review which made choose the book, samples wasn't enough for me but your review made it clear how this books blends in fiction and non fiction too.
I value the learning process through feedback. If you have a moment, I'd be grateful for any thoughts on my work to help me enhance my skills. :tiphat:
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

Through a combination of relatable anecdotes, philosophical insights, and practical advice, "Philosophy from the Mud" encourages readers to reflect on the power of their words, feelings, and actions, inspiring them to cultivate a mindset of bravery and co-creation in pursuit of a fulfilling life.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

A lot is said about the non-fiction part of the book, it being a self-help book. But I fail to see the fictional side. I have never heard of the effortless theory. And that's why I'm interested in this book.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”