Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Re: Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Post by Francis Kapola »

The incorporation of fables alongside profound non-fiction insights promises a journey of self-discovery and empowerment. I'm particularly intrigued by the emphasis on mastering Effortless Theory through words, feelings, and actions.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1452
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD is a self-help book that teaches readers about Effortless Theory through a combination of fiction and nonfiction. Those interested in improving their overall outlook and living a carefree life of success and abundance will enjoy this read. Thanks so much! :-)
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

A self-help book that shows us a practical way to enhance our life. From the review the material in this book is useful and well-presented. I think I'm more curious about the fables, tho. I guess this worth a try. Thank you for your honest review.
Rafael Lopez 5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rafael Lopez 5 »

In this world full of cruelty a novel heart is needed.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I’m not sure what to make of this book from the excerpt. I enjoyed the piece about the alien who was able to live the person’s life effortlessly because he had no fear of past failures. I got a little lost at the first graphic novel section though.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

Unfortunately, after I tried a philosophy course at university, the subject turned out to not be my cup of tea completely. I had to drop it then, and to this day, I am not tempted to give it another chance. Therefore, no offense, but I will have to skip this book.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 160%

Post by Runan »

The author discusses 'Theory of Masterful effortless'. He shares his thoughts that the universe is non-judgmental, honours bravery, and is always giving in nature. The author highlights the importance of holding optimistic views to accomplish goals. This is a great self-book, and the illustrations are fun. You've made some great points in your review.
Runan
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 136%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book offers valuable insights and practical wisdom for a carefree life. The author's emphasis on the power of words, feelings, and actions, along with relatable stories, makes this a beneficial read. Its transformative content makes it a valuable resource for personal growth. A very interesting book!
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 567
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: A Fathers Cry for Justice by Donnita Carol Weddle

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling is a combination of fiction and reality. Through the book, the author analyzes the Theory of Masterful Effortless, especially its five laws and their application in practice. The book is unique, interesting, and professionally edited.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

A combination of fiction and nonfiction is definitely a unique way of writing. It's interesting to know what fables the author used to pass his point. However, I'm not sure my interest is piqued enough to check out this book, so I'll be skipping it.
Daniel Roa
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-roa.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Daniel Roa »

I have always believed that nature (that's my word for 'universe') has a much simpler way of accomplishing things than our way as humans. Most of us definitely need to simplify our approach to a happier life. According to this review, this book can really help us achieve that. As I once read, the rock that is not able to draw a straight line in the sand, makes perfect circles in the water, without effort... I want to read this book. Thanks for the excelent review
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting self-help book designed to help the reader live an abundant and productive life. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1922
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Philosophy from the Mud' by Erik Quisling states the interesting features of the fable for avid readers. It gives the readers an idea of what to expect from the book. A noteworthy point is that the book's stories will cause us to reflect on what we just read and its deeper meaning. Also, as mentioned in the review, this self-help book can improve a person's outlook for the better, and many people will find it valuable. Learning that the author's work is filled with quotations from well-known figures was great!
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

"Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling sounds like an interesting read from your insightful review. The book aims to guide readers in applying the five laws of Effortless Theory for a carefree life, focusing on co-creation, a judgment-free universe, boundless abundance, and honoring bravery. I had never heard of "Effortless Theory" before now but after reading your review I have decided to put it on my reading list as it sounds like it could teach me something new. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Popop's Grimoire by Chandler McGrew

Post by Chris Agbara »

"Philosophy from the Mud" seamlessly blends fiction and non-fiction to deliver insightful wisdom on living abundantly. With a focus on the Theory of Masterful Effortless, it offers practical guidance for transforming words, feelings, and actions. A must-read for anyone seeking a more fulfilling life. 5/5 stars.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”