Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Re: Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard, are sweeter

John Keats, Ode On A Grecian Urn And Other Poems

I have read this book and found a lot of helpful information. The Laws and the fables were thought provoking. Not to mention the humour-filled narration. This is more than just a self help book.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Jay Lu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Magi Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-lu.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Jay Lu »

Your review beautifully encapsulates the essence of "Philosophy from the Mud." The interweaving of fiction and non-fiction by Erik Quisling to explore the Theory of Masterful Effortless is indeed a unique approach. Highlighting the five laws for living an abundant and carefree life, along with the focus on words, feelings, and actions, provides a comprehensive understanding of the book’s goals. Your thoughts on the book cover and its marketing strategy as a self-help book with fables as a bonus offer an interesting perspective on how it could reach a wider audience. Thanks for sharing your insights and recommendation!
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I like that Philosophy from the Mud is a blend of both fiction and non fiction. The book has fables which makes it easier for readers to comprehend content shared. I look forward to reading this book soon. Congratulations on making botd!
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Like you, I was a bit confused by the cover page and title of what this book was about; at first, I thought it might be a children's book. It does sound like the lessons are worth reading about and practising.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

"Philosophy from the Mud" is a captivating blend of fiction and non-fiction that offers valuable insights and inspiration. I read a few pages and really loved it! The thought-provoking fables and practical wisdom make it a must-read for anyone seeking a fresh perspective. Congrats on BOTD!
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

In the combination fiction, non-fiction, fable book, "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling, the author focuses on the Effortless Theory. The goal of this book is for you to live a happy, abundant and fulfilled life. When you follow the theory you realize the universe is there to assist you in all you desire. This could be classified as a self help book. The reviewer did a great job on the review and now I want to read this book.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I love books that are composed of smaller stories that are meant to entertain and educate its readers. The Effortless Theory sounds like a principle that will provide quality information about living one's life to the fullest. I cannot wait to get this book. Congrats to the author for receiving the BOTD.
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: Risky Business In Rising China by Mark Atkeson

Post by Esther Deekor »

The title doesn't sound like a self-help book but the fables justify the name in a way. I would love to know the author's theory on why awful people seem to accomplish amazing things. Congratulations on BOTD!!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Philosophy from the Mud” by Erik Quisling is a combination of fiction and non-fiction including interesting fables as he discusses the Theory of Masterful Effortless. There are five laws of Effortless Theory and readers that follow them will live a carefree life. This book is a self-help book that includes quotes from well-known people and the stories will help readers better comprehend the five laws of Effortless Theory. One of the major learnings is the value of positive thinking. If one thinks they are going to fail, they probably will. Readers can apply what they learn from this book to their everyday life. A well-written book and a great official review. What will cause the Universe to co-create what I truly want? The answer is in the book.
Last edited by mrlefty0706 on 16 Feb 2024, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Tithi Das 1
Currently Reading: The Glorious Beast!
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tithi-das-1.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Tithi Das 1 »

The book describe the aim of the life which should be blithe and cheerful as the reviewer stated beautifully about the phenomena of the laws and theory, which entangle to read Philosophy from the Mud.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A third is darkness by Murray Bailey

Post by Nancy004 »

Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling offers a unique blend of fiction and non-fiction, delving into the Theory of Masterful Effortless. With insightful principles and thought-provoking fables, it inspires readers to embrace abundance and live a more fulfilling life.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling sounds like a fascinating blend of fiction and non-fiction! 📚 I appreciate how the author combines fables with insightful discussions on the Theory of Masterful Effortless, offering readers a unique and thought-provoking perspective on living a fulfilling life. It's intriguing to learn about the five principles of Effortless Theory and how they can empower us to co-create our reality. While I understand your feedback about the cover, it's reassuring to hear that the content itself is valuable and impactful. With its emphasis on positivity and personal growth, this book seems like a must-read for anyone seeking to enhance their outlook on life. I'm definitely adding it to my reading list! ⭐ 📖🌟
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I like it that the author integrates both fiction and non-fiction elements, which are complementary in delivering the book's central message. Thanks for the thorough review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Prabhat Sunil Mathur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prabhat-sunil-mathur.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq

Post by Prabhat Sunil Mathur »

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful insights on Erik Quisling's "Philosophy from the Mud." Your detailed review provides a comprehensive understanding of the book's unique blend of fiction and non-fiction.

It's great to hear that the non-fiction portion, focusing on the Theory of Masterful Effortless, resonated with you and piqued your interest. Your emphasis on the five laws of Effortless Theory and the practical application in areas of words, feelings, and actions provides a clear overview of the book's core principles.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Post by Hy Be »

Nice review. In "Philosophy from the Mud" , Erik Quisling shares practical strategies of five laws of Effortless Theory to live life abundantly and carefree. The author beautifully depicted themes of actions, feelings and words in this book. Overall, I enjoyed reading this self-help book.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”