Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Erik Quisling's book "Philosophy from the Mud" is a combination of fiction and non-fiction. In this piece, the author discusses the Theory of Masterful Effortless. Although it seemed like the author was promoting his fables more in this book, I thought the fables were a bonus, and the non-fiction portion of the book piqued my interest even more.

The goal of the author's work is for readers to comprehend the five laws of Effortless Theory and assist others in putting them into practice. To put it simply, the goal of this book is to help you live an abundant and carefree life. Among the five principles he lists are the following: you have the power to co-create your life; the universe is judgement-free and gives you what you want in the here and now; abundance knows no bounds; and the universe honours bravery. When he talks about mastering Effortless Theory, he focuses on three primary areas: words, feelings, and actions. This book is also filled with quotations from well-known figures, and the book's stories will cause you to reflect on what you just read and its deeper meaning.

The cover is what I don't like about this book. Since this is a self-help book, I would have liked it if the book's title and promotion reflected that it was a self-help book. The fables should be advertised as a bonus, even though they occasionally made me laugh and think about their deeper meaning. I say that this is a self-help book because it can improve a person's outlook on life for the better, and I know many people will find it valuable.

What the author states is accurate. Should you harbour pessimistic views about your ability to accomplish a goal, your chances of success will most likely be diminished. That's my interpretation of what he was attempting to communicate, anyway. If you ever ponder why awful people seem to be able to accomplish or be bestowed with amazing things, this book may be able to provide an explanation for that, as it is possible that Effortless Theory is to blame. I found it appealing that the fables in the book had deeper meanings. I thought that the non-fiction portion of the book was excellent, and I plan to use it in my everyday life.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I loved how the author used non-fiction and fiction to make his point. I thought the material was excellent, and a lot of others will find it useful. Since I was unable to locate any mistakes, I assume that this book has been edited to perfection.

Anyone who wants something to happen in their life but is unable to commit to it should read this book, and the author even made accommodations for all religions and beliefs by substituting the word "universe" for their belief.

Philosophy from the Mud
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Purity Kihiko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Purity Kihiko »

Thank you for the great review.I like the fact that the pros and cons are well described and how the book can help one live an abundant and carefree life.Well it seems like a good book in support of optimistic views .Nice!
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review provides a helpful and insightful perspective on "Philosophy from the Mud." It highlights that the book combines fiction and non-fiction, with the non-fiction portion being particularly engaging. The reviewer praises the author's goal of helping readers live an abundant and carefree life through the five laws of Effortless Theory. Quotations and thought-provoking stories add depth to the book. The reviewer finds the cover could better reflect the self-help nature of the book. Overall, the review suggests that the book is beneficial, motivating, and a valuable addition to anyone's library.
Ruth Chege 2
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-chege-2.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann

Post by Ruth Chege 2 »

This review makes the book appear quite interesting, with the inclusion of fiction and non-fiction segments. I have never heard of the Effortless Theory but would love to explore more. Great work in crafting this review.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

It appears that "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling is a compelling and valuable read. The combination of fiction and non-fiction elements, along with the author's exploration of the Theory of Masterful Effortless, makes the book engaging. The reviewer found the non-fiction portion particularly interesting, as it provides practical guidance on living a carefree and abundant life. The book's five principles and focus on words, feelings, and actions are seen as insightful. While the fables are considered a bonus, they also add depth to the overall message. The reviewer highlights the cover as a minor dislike, expressing a preference for clearer emphasis on the self-help nature of the book. Nevertheless, the reviewer rates the book 5 out of 5 stars, noting its potential to improve one's outlook on life. Overall, it seems that "Philosophy from the Mud" is a recommended and well-edited book.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

This review is very honest and shows what the reviewer liked the most in the book. Which helps me determine that I'd also like to read the book so that I can also learn something similar to what the reviewer learned. I've never heard of The Effortless Theory but it seems like something I'd like to know more about. I'd love to read the book.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

From the intriguing book title to the simple yet effective little ink figurines, this book is definitely one of a kind. It’s a ‘think-outside-of-the-box method of guidance which will either captivate or repel you. Personally, I’d go for this book because of the little cartoons with attached messsges.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ajain12 »

"Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling blends fiction and non-fiction to explore the Theory of Masterful Effortless. Despite a misleading cover, it offers valuable insights and practical guidance. Highly recommended.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

We struggle more or less often during life, so finding new ideas that help us focus on living a life of joy is certainly useful. I'm also curious about the fables in this mix of fiction and non-fiction. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

What a delightful review. The Theory of Masterful Effortless sounds interesting. I tend to shy away from self-help books, but the review made me curious enough to add it to my reading list.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"Erik Quisling's 'Philosophy from the Mud' seamlessly blends fiction and non-fiction, emphasizing the Theory of Masterful Effortless. The book aims to guide readers in applying the five laws of Effortless Theory for a carefree life, focusing on co-creation, a judgment-free universe, boundless abundance, and honoring bravery. Thanks for the amazing review.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

This Effortless Theory sounds interesting as it can help us live an abundant, successful, and carefree life. The inclusion of fables looks attractive since they may be funny or thought-provoking. These principles seem aligned with other self-help proposals.
Anandi Iyer Ghosh
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anandi-iyer-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anandi Iyer Ghosh »

I have only read a sample of on Amazon and I have liked what I have read so far. The line drawings pique my interest. I thought it was a book similar to The Law of Attraction books and I believe I am right. This review has only cemented my belief that Philosophy from the Mud is worth reading.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”