Review of Mystery Puzzle Masters

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Mystery Puzzle Masters

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mystery Puzzle Masters" by Lola Price.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book offers readers a series of different puzzles they can take to stimulate their brains and have some fun while at it. The puzzles included in this collection are "Word Search," "Crossword," "Sudoku," "Maze," "Word Scramble," and "Cryptogram," and each of them contains various exercises to help the readers test the strength of their mental abilities. Solutions to the exercises are provided at the end of the book.

I count myself fortunate to have come across Lola Price's "Mystery Puzzle Masters: A Collection of Various Puzzles for Adults" at this point in my life. Those exercises eased my troubled mind and reminded me of some childhood memories—those years as a child when I would stand staring at those senior citizens drinking some gin and having a good time as they played some puzzles under the large mango tree in our local market.

Price has made the exercises simple and fun for readers. There are brief notes explaining how to play each game, and readers are encouraged to use hints where necessary and to not be too hard on themselves; after all, it's all for pleasure, to excite the mind, and to test its strengths in unraveling and navigating difficult concepts and hidden sequences. So I recommend this book to any adult looking for a great way to exercise their brains, calm their minds, and have some fun solving challenging data.

"Word Search" was the simplest for me. I employed this technique: anywhere I locate the first letter in each given word, I would look all around it—up, down, right, left, and diagonal—to figure out where the sequence of letters forming the entire word is hidden, and with that, I aced such word searches as "counting" (Word Search 1) and "gaping" (Word Search 39) without breaking a sweat. However, "Crossword" proved a little difficult for me despite the guides given in the book. I just had to watch some YouTube videos to get a clearer picture of how the game works.

"Word Scramble" was another puzzle I found simple. "Maze" was remarkably funny; I found myself acting like a rodent seeking an escape route as I went forth and back, trying to wiggle from "Start" to "End" points. The book was exceptionally edited, but there are two instances of unclear statements in it, which I will group as uncounted errors. Those two unclear statements are the only issues I found in this book, and I hope the author fixes them. It's my pleasure to rate "Mystery Puzzle Masters: A Collection of Various Puzzles for Adults" five out of five stars for the aforementioned merits, and I do not consider the complaints I pointed out serious enough to warrant the deduction of any stars.

Mystery Puzzle Masters
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t like these kinds of puzzles. Some of them come easy to me, but the ones that don’t leave me feeling frustrated. No matter what Ms. Price says, I am very hard on myself. Thanks!
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”