Review of Field Guide to the Figments of Persuasion

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of Field Guide to the Figments of Persuasion

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Field Guide to the Figments of Persuasion" by Nancy L Vallette.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever pondered whether or not it was possible to visualise wonderful things in the same way that you did when you were a child? I am certain that I have. One of the reasons I was drawn to Nancy Vallette's Field Guide to the Figments of Persuasion in the first place was because it intrigued my interest and I wanted to find out what it was about. You are sure to be reminded of the creativity you had when you were a youngster, and it will also assist you in comprehending the emotions you have now as an adult.

As the reader reads this book, their imagination will be expanded, and they will be reminded of their childhood fantasies as they are given a whimsical explanation of the feelings that adults experience. The feelings are referred to by words that a person is already familiar with, and they have the potential to stimulate the reader's creativity, which they had previously believed had gone along with their innocence. In addition, the author incorporates emotions into the material that is presented in this book, and I believe that these two aspects are inextricably linked. Throughout the entirety of the book, there are a great deal of drawings that are colourless for your entertainment.

When it comes to emotions or experiences that the reader has previously had, the author puts intriguing terms in the book, which they explain to the reader so that they may comprehend what it is that they are attempting to convey. I believe that the illustrations are ideal for the topic of the book because they may assist the reader in developing their creativity. Although the illustrations sometimes appear to be random and sometimes they display what is being stated, I believe that they are perfect for the substance of the book.

I went through the book a second time just to take my time and enjoy the images, despite the fact that there was no color in them. One of the reasons I enjoy this is that it allows you to colour in the pages if you have a real copy. It brought back memories of the magical books I had when I was a young girl, complete with fairy journals and scrapbooking, and I simply adored them. A further aspect that I liked was the author's ability to weave everyday feelings that anyone might experience into this book with such a vivid imagination.

I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because it not only surpassed my expectations but also left me with nothing to dislike about it. My imagination was expanded; I had sensations of nostalgia, and every single whimsical aspect of it, including the pictures, brought me joy. I loved all of these things about it. I only found two mistakes, which led me to believe that a professional had edited it.

This is a book that I would recommend to everyone who enjoys being creative yet now appears to be stuck in their creative process. It may help you open your mind more, which in turn may assist you in producing new things. This may be anything from writing a song or a novel to making art; it might be anything you can think of that could be of assistance to you.

Field Guide to the Figments of Persuasion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hasan Maqbool
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hasan Maqbool »

It's great to hear that the review for "Field Guide to the Figments of Persuasion" by Nancy L Vallette is so positive! The reader's experience with expanding imagination and connecting with childhood creativity seems to make it a delightful and nostalgic journey. The mention of captivating illustrations enhancing the book's substance adds an extra layer of appeal. A perfect 5 out of 5 stars and a recommendation for those seeking a creative spark make it sound like a worthwhile read for anyone stuck in their creative process..
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review provides a compelling and positive overview of Nancy Vallette's Field Guide to the Figments of Persuasion. The reviewer praises the book for its ability to tap into the reader's imagination, evoke childhood nostalgia, and stimulate creativity. The incorporation of drawings and whimsical explanations of adult emotions adds to the book's appeal. Despite some colorless illustrations, the reviewer found them enjoyable and reminiscent of magical books from their youth. With no dislikes and only a couple of minor errors found, the reviewer highly recommends this book for anyone looking to reignite their creativity. Overall, it appears to be a captivating and worthwhile read that can assist individuals in overcoming creative blocks.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The idea of reconnecting with childhood creativity and exploring emotions through whimsical explanations sounds truly enchanting. The incorporation of colorless drawings for creative interpretation is a nostalgic touch that I'm eager to experience. Your mention of the author's ability to weave everyday feelings into the book with vivid imagination has piqued my interest, and I can't wait to embark on this imaginative journey.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”