Review of Methuselah

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Chasing Tales by Christine J. Logan

Review of Methuselah

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Methuselah" by Barry Kohl.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In the world we live in today, what age would you consider the perfect age to die? I mean, what, according to you, is an age number that equals having lived a full and satisfied life? Well, I believe the answers will differ, but how far can the number go? 100? 110? 120? 150? Not more than that, right? However, what if I say that I know one man named Methuselah, a biblical figure, who is said to be 800 years old and still living? Also, he’s as healthy and witty as none of us could possibly be! Curious, are you?

Well, don’t be! Instead, replace your curiosity with laughter, because that is exactly what the book Methuselah by Barry Kohl will do; it will make you laugh!

This book is in essence a joke book, and the jokes in it are cracked by the 800-year-old Methuselah himself. These jokes are mostly one-liners, and some of them are two-liners. They’ll make you grin or laugh at their satirical and sarcastic quality. If you’ve watched the show "F.R.I.E.N.D.S." then you’ll probably remember the character of “Chandler Bing" because of the sarcasm some of the jokes carry. Since Chandler was one of my favorite characters on the show, I loved the sarcastic jokes in the book as well.

Let me share with you some of my favorite jokes from the book:

• You have no idea how many in-laws have waited for me to pass. They never thought I'd collect on their wills.

• I hate computers. Do you have any idea how long it takes me to scroll down to find the year I was born?

• Whenever a company gives away a lifetime guarantee and they see me coming, they close up shop.

• They say time heals all wounds. I'm 800 years old; what's taking so long?

• I'm still waiting for the right time.

• I'm glad they discovered global warming. When I was getting hotter, I thought it was me.

• I'm so old, I ran out of career goals.

• The next time you feel down because you had another birthday, just remember me. And then remember, you'll never catch me.

Did any of these jokes crack you up? If yes, then this book is for you, and it contains more than 100 such one-liners. I personally had a great time reading these sarcastic jokes, and thus, without any reservations, I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. It truly deserves the full rating.

So go pick up this book if you want to laugh a little and just relax and unwind for a while!

Methuselah
View: on Bookshelves
Glen Chiva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glen-chiva.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Post by Glen Chiva »

" I hate computers. Do you have any idea how long it takes me to scroll down to find the year I was born? "

I feel this, although I am not 800 years old yet, (But my back says I'm old huhuh)
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

This book seems to be one that I could unwind with. I would keep my favorite one-liners in mind and use them when appropriate. It is good to read a fun book every now and then. Therefore, another book to add to by bookshelves! :techie-studyinggray:
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review highlights "Methuselah" by Barry Kohl as a joke book filled with sarcastic and satirical one-liners. The reviewer compares the humor to that of Chandler Bing from the show "F.R.I.E.N.D.S." and mentions enjoying the book's jokes. The reviewer gives the book a full 5-star rating and recommends it for those looking to unwind and have a good laugh. Overall, this review portrays the book as an enjoyable and entertaining read.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I will certainly have fun reading the book. It would be very much needed on a day when I just need to unwind. I will make a list of my favorites as soon as I can read the book.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”