Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling is a unique book that has an unusual mixture of three fables and some rules to help you through your life. The fables tell the stories of three creatures. The first one is about a worm that leads through life trying to figure things out. The second one follows the story of an ant that goes on some adventures. The third one is about a clan that feels lost in life before finding meaning. Between the fables, the writer explains what he calls Masterful Effortlessness. The philosophy has five laws that the writer mentions and explains. They help you do things effortlessly and reach what you want in life.

I really love the uniqueness of the book. It's one-of-a-kind. The effortless philosophy was really inspiring and made me think of many things. The fables carried a lot of life lessons. They are put in the form of simple drawings with a few sentences. They don't take long to read, but they sure will take a long time to think of. The writer could deliver the messages so sincerely that I could even feel the struggle of the ant or the pain of the worm sometimes throughout the stories.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. There might be a few things that I didn't understand. There was an empty page after every illustrated page of the fables. There was also some repetition in some of the illustrations. I didn't get the point, but I believe there's one. I appreciate the writer's ability to introduce complicated life principles through those fables that look simple but aren't simple at all.

The book provides a unique experience that I totally enjoyed. Even the things I didn't fully understand didn't take away from my experience. The book received exceptional editing. I didn't notice any errors or mistakes. Therefore, I rate Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to people who can appreciate differences in art and enjoy unusual experiences. I also recommend it to people who are interested in improving their lives through the Effortlessness philosophy.

Philosophy from the Mud
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

This review presents "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling as a unique and inspiring book that combines fables with philosophical insights to offer readers valuable life lesson. You appreciates the book's distinctiveness, highlighting the effortless philosophy presented by the author as particularly inspiring and thought-provoking. You also praise the fables for carrying meaningful life lessons, conveyed through simple yet sincere storytelling that resonates with the reader.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

I think that these are not simple fables but tales to teach us some life lessons. thanks for your review.
Suhel Gawandi
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 7
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Suhel Gawandi »

Erik Quisling's "Philosophy from the Mud" is an accessible manual that can be used as a guide through life. Quisling discusses complex subjects like philosophy in a way that is approachable and grounded. He makes his points more understandable to the general public by illustrating them with anecdotes and real-world experiences. It's similar like speaking with an experienced buddy who wants to impart to you their wisdom after going through a lot. All in all, it's a novel approach to philosophy that doesn't come across as overly cerebral or daunting.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”