What comic, graphic novel, or manga have you read recently?

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gemme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Re: What comic, graphic novel, or manga have you read recently?

Post by gemme »

If you've heard of BLs
Yaoi&shounen ai

I'm currently reading Painter of the night&hold me tight
Rav_sid
Favorite Book: Inner engineering
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Rav_sid »

Tenali Raman its a Indian comic book Loved by the kids for his remarkable wit, brilliance and wisdom. Tenali Raman was a famous scholar during the regime of the Vijayanagar Empire in the 16th centaury CE. He had solution to every problem that emerged in Krishna dev ray's Kingdom. The very mention of the comic brings back some of the fondest memories from our childhood.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

Death note. I already watched the Anime and loved it to bits, now I want more of the story so I decided to start reading the Manga. I'm also thinking of starting Kaguya-Sama, the manga, I love the Anime.
Moiza Picanco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moiza-picanco.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Moiza Picanco »

Recently I read NonNonBa by Shigeru Mizuki and Akira by Katsuhiro Otomo. Couldn’t recommend both of them more.

NonNonBa is a collection of short stories about Japanese mythological creatures (yokai) an old woman in the village used to tell the author in his youth. The manga is marked by a sense of nostalgia and wonder that can feel quite heartwarming even in sad moments.

Akira is a sci-fi classic full of action (probably doesn’t need an introduction).

I just started reading Angola Janga by Marcelo D’Salete, a historical comic book about quilombo dos Palmares and the scars slavery left on the brazilian people. So far, it’s great.
LY_Rachel
Currently Reading: 24 Hours at Waterloo
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ly-rachel.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by LY_Rachel »

Land of the Lustrous (which is still ongoing! I think the author is in hiatus right now) is a favourite of mine and always will be. There's something hauntingly beautiful about it, and to this day, is my favourite despite not being finished.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Shilpy Bhasin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpy-bhasin.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Shilpy Bhasin »

I have just finished reading "Winners and Losers edition 3". And it was a wonderful experience. I would really urge anyone who likes social satires, to give this book a chance. I was pleasantly surprised by it.
G Duda
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-duda.html
Latest Review: From Burnout to Belonging by Kimberly Carozzi

Post by G Duda »

My last manga was the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time manga. Whoo wee was that an experience! Seeing a game from my childhood presented in a type of media like a manga was really something, in a good way, that is.
My last comic book was a Witcher comic book, the Ballad of Two Wolves exactly. That comic is one of my favourite Witcher ones so far, the art is some of the best in the series & the story is really interesting & gripping. Plus I'm always a sucker for Geralt & Dandelion's little bromance, & I adore their banter to death. If you can't playfully insult your best friend that would follow you to the ends of the world, are you two really best friends?
And I don't know if this counts as a graphic novel, but I read N.D Stevenson's memoir The Fire Never Goes out. It was ok, I like that Nate used art from his old tumblr to tell his story & show the progression of the years. I did feel it was a lil disjointed, & I personally felt a bit uncomfortable reading it because it's a book published before Nate came out as bigender, & seeing representations of trans folks before their coming out always makes me feel icky. I'm happy they're comfortable enough to have their old self out there, but I could never.
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

I'm currently reading Under the oak tree series. :techie-studyinggray:
Mia_Edwards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mia-edwards.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes

Post by Mia_Edwards »

I attended a whole comic book class at my college. These are some of graphic novels and comics we read.

Maus I
Killing and Dying
Love and Rockets Vol 9: Flies on the Ceiling

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”