Favorite DC character?

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cdhundley
Currently Reading: The Book of Man
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdhundley.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Re: Favorite DC character?

Post by cdhundley »

Batman. Hands down. DC characters, in general, are too overpowered. Yes, we know the hero will not die, but it's really hard to believe that most villains pose any kind of threat to the likes of Superman, Martian Manhunter, or Wonder Woman.
"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." Marcus Aurelius
868_stxph
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 868_stxph »

Aquaman is my favourite for sure, he has this majestic golden trident and he is the ruler of the sea.
Sophiaahhh

Post by Sophiaahhh »

Harley Quinn (or Harlequin) has always been my favorite DC “villain” she’s smart- from her college degrees in psychology, and crazy- due to Jokers chemicals. Those two are my favorite couple while her and Poison Ivy are my favorite Duo.
CoachGordon711

Post by CoachGordon711 »

Has to be Wonder Woman. She is a Heroine but has a dark streak that makes her a little less than always heroic. She isn't afraid to do those dirty deeds that need to be done. I.E snapping Maxwell Lords neck. I think she has a great Moral code that more of us can relate to than Superman and Batman.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

My favorite DC character is definitely Kid Flash (Wally West) from Young Justice. Despite being super flirty and chaotic, I really liked him. His humor, loyalty, and his unwaveringly denial of the possibility that magic exists makes him one of my favorite characters.
dea_nox
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by dea_nox »

I know that this post is a bit dated, but I would like to leave my input. I have been a life long Batman fan, since the animated series. I watched them as a kid and as an adult, of course rewatching it made me see it in a different light and notice how mature it actually was. Not to mention every movie that came out, Justice League series, basically everywhere were Batman was, I had to watch. He is is such a mature character and so well defined, well contoured and, most of all, dramatic. He saw the evil in the world, the evil that has been done to him and he decided to become better, to overpass his situation and improve. I think he could be a good role model in that sense, but, although he has the biggest family in the DC universe, he is a loner. He is afraid of losing the ones he loves (can't really blame him), but I am curious how will this character evolve in the future and how will his story unravel. Certainly, a character to keep an eye on and probably try to learn the good traits he encompasses. :tiphat:
veerbhadra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veerbhadra.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by veerbhadra »

Superman is my all time favorite. He is not a great character because of his nearly limitless powers but because of the ideals he represents and restraints he puts on his powers when dealing with anyone less powerful than himself.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Maybe it's a little cliche nowadays, but i've been a fan of Harley Quinn since her appearance in Batman: the Animated Series.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
meganlizzybit
Favorite Book: It's Kind of a Funny Story
Currently Reading: Crown of Midnight
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by meganlizzybit »

I'm torn between Barbara Gordon and Cassandra Cain for the #1 spot...
Eligilliam10

Post by Eligilliam10 »

I don’t think anyone is better then sick Grayson aka nightwing. He was Batman first sidekick and the only one out of them all that he truly see the best of himself in; the best possible version of himself pretty much
Jayjones235

Post by Jayjones235 »

My favorite would have to be flash. I was always the fastest growing up and wanted to be faster so he was an inspiration to me , plus who doesn't want to be so fast to where you can almost control time.
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

The Joker. Eobard Thawne. Rorschach. Batman. Captain Cold is growing on me, despite his terrible name. And Cisco in the Flash series is so loveable.
Last edited by slj3988 on 21 Dec 2019, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

dea_nox wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 01:45 I know that this post is a bit dated, but I would like to leave my input. I have been a life long Batman fan, since the animated series. I watched them as a kid and as an adult, of course rewatching it made me see it in a different light and notice how mature it actually was. Not to mention every movie that came out, Justice League series, basically everywhere were Batman was, I had to watch. He is is such a mature character and so well defined, well contoured and, most of all, dramatic. He saw the evil in the world, the evil that has been done to him and he decided to become better, to overpass his situation and improve. I think he could be a good role model in that sense, but, although he has the biggest family in the DC universe, he is a loner. He is afraid of losing the ones he loves (can't really blame him), but I am curious how will this character evolve in the future and how will his story unravel. Certainly, a character to keep an eye on and probably try to learn the good traits he encompasses. :tiphat:
Batman is a favourite of mine too. He's one of the few characters that doesn't need superpowers to have an impact. Plus vigilantes are cool. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Robert Pattinson early years Batman turns out. Apparently it's gonna be a noir detective thriller focusing on him as the World's Greatest Detective more than action
Geist39
Favorite Book: The Soul Thief
Currently Reading: Spells & Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geist39.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Geist39 »

Wonder woman. Because she's strong and not damsel in distress.
***I don't read books to get smart I read to escape reality**●~●***
writestuff
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by writestuff »

Loved Batman and Superman my whole life. Now as an adult I adore Wonder Women. Could NOT have chosen a better actress for her.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”