Effectiveness of alternative medicines against cancer

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Effectiveness of alternative medicines against cancer

Post by KRay93 »

Recently, my mother was diagnosed with a type of cancer known as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and during the last month, she has received several doses of chemotherapy. Being a person who is usually in motion, whether doing housework or other activities, it is shocking to see her so listless and weak as a result of such treatment. However, none of us are very open to considering a type of non-conventional treatment, apart from the fact that she can still enjoy several more years of life if this whole process proves successful.

In this book, the daughter of Dr. Mirko Beljanski exposes the journey of several decades of his father in search of alternative treatments for cancer (which includes new perspectives around genes, mutations, the relationship between emotional and environmental toxins and the destabilization of DNA, the effects of certain substances on hormone-dependent cancers, and the significance of cancer stem cells among others), even having worked to extend the life of French President Francois Mitterand beyond what his doctors expected.

At the same time, both Beljanski and his wife were found guilty of illegal practice of pharmacy, regardless of some irregularities in the judicial process and the relentless persecution against them by corporations and the government. Considering the research exposed in Beljanski daughter’s book and contrasting it with the almost unanimous acceptance of conventional treatments in the scientific community, do you believe that the alternative options depicted in Winning the War on Cancer could be more effective than the traditional ones? Do you know someone who has opted for this kind of treatment? How was their experience?
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I am very sorry for the diagnosis for your mom. It is indeed painful to see them go through it. I have lost loved ones to cancer, and I have ones who survived. You and your mom are in my prayers. As to answer your question, I think for now we cannot say it is fully effective compared to the traditional one, like chemo. It could be a helping hand, that, I know for sure, but being more effective is something I cannot say it. However, I have read papers and learned about people doing it like Dr. Beljanski and his daughter, and the results are somehow promising; but it still yet to be known.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

briellejee wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 00:16 I am very sorry for the diagnosis for your mom. It is indeed painful to see them go through it. I have lost loved ones to cancer, and I have ones who survived. You and your mom are in my prayers. As to answer your question, I think for now we cannot say it is fully effective compared to the traditional one, like chemo. It could be a helping hand, that, I know for sure, but being more effective is something I cannot say it. However, I have read papers and learned about people doing it like Dr. Beljanski and his daughter, and the results are somehow promising; but it still yet to be known.
I agree with you
---
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

I think the botanical research of the author's father is an amazing addition. It would definitely be beneficial for people like your mom.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Browlyns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browlyns.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Browlyns »

I am very sorry about your mother, today a lot of research is going on and people are comming up with alternative methods. This all brings new methods and contribution to the fight against cancer. I believe with each contribution a step forward is made.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I am very sorry about your mother. I find that today great strides are being made in research and hope will always live that a cure will be found if not today then soon. Always take solace in hope and never tire of it.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Hopefully she'll recover soon.

I don't understand the harm in using natural remedies against cancer. Chemotherapies work, but they do make the patient very weak and fragile. And besides, they also do not work all the time. Since Beljanski's research has proven that natural remedies can be effective against these diagnoses, I think one should definitely give them a try.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I am using alternative treatments to treat myself. However, I do not have cancer. Traditional medicine has failed me. I tried everything that they offered with no relief. In desperation, I turned to natural medicines, and my life got 1000% better. However, I have seen lies about the herbs that I use. Flat out lies. Big pharma doesn't want you to know that there are natural cures out there that are MORE effective than theirs with LESS side effects. Why? Because they make BILLIONS of dollars. They can't patent natural medicine. They can't make money off of it. So, are there other treatments that will cure cancer? Yes! I'm positive of it.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I agree with kandscreeley. Companies lie to us about the effectiveness of natural medicines when in fact, there have been so many proven cases where illnesses were cured naturally. I would say, natural medicines would be effective. After all, our ancestors had no problem treating themselves with the herbs they found around them 🤷‍♀️
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
TALIA ONYANGO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talia-onyango.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by TALIA ONYANGO »

Cancer is so serious a disease and needs immediate redress. Proper medication is the appropriate cure for the menace. However, engagement in physical exercises could be a boost to the recovery process.
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by praisecrown8 »

TALIA ONYANGO wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 14:21 Cancer is so serious a disease and needs immediate redress. Proper medication is the appropriate cure for the menace. However, engagement in physical exercises could be a boost to the recovery process.
That's very true.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis and reaction to chemo.
I do agree with kandscreeley, too.
Lucas Kalinic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucas-kalinic.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Lucas Kalinic »

I have no problem with alternative cancer treatments provided that they help control the spread of the disease.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

kandscreeley wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 11:23 I am using alternative treatments to treat myself. However, I do not have cancer. Traditional medicine has failed me. I tried everything that they offered with no relief. In desperation, I turned to natural medicines, and my life got 1000% better. However, I have seen lies about the herbs that I use. Flat out lies. Big pharma doesn't want you to know that there are natural cures out there that are MORE effective than theirs with LESS side effects. Why? Because they make BILLIONS of dollars. They can't patent natural medicine. They can't make money off of it. So, are there other treatments that will cure cancer? Yes! I'm positive of it.
Though I still have faith in traditional medicine because my family has been in the medical field since then, these words ring true. I have seen Medicine as a field for almost half my life, and I can't deny the fact that it is polluted with political and corporate greed. Sometimes I wonder why these people even call themselves doctor when all they care about is exploiting money.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

briellejee wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 17:46
kandscreeley wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 11:23 I am using alternative treatments to treat myself. However, I do not have cancer. Traditional medicine has failed me. I tried everything that they offered with no relief. In desperation, I turned to natural medicines, and my life got 1000% better. However, I have seen lies about the herbs that I use. Flat out lies. Big pharma doesn't want you to know that there are natural cures out there that are MORE effective than theirs with LESS side effects. Why? Because they make BILLIONS of dollars. They can't patent natural medicine. They can't make money off of it. So, are there other treatments that will cure cancer? Yes! I'm positive of it.
Though I still have faith in traditional medicine because my family has been in the medical field since then, these words ring true. I have seen Medicine as a field for almost half my life, and I can't deny the fact that it is polluted with political and corporate greed. Sometimes I wonder why these people even call themselves doctor when all they care about is exploiting money.
I know I come across as harsh and cynical. Sadly, it's because I am. I've seen medicine fail so many people. I know there are those that trust doctors implicitly.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”