Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by Brenda Creech »

Thanks for the terrific review! I love books like this one! The medical jargon brings back so many memories from when I was working! A medical miracle - just my cup of tea! I would say Leah's heavenly experience was quite different than others! To be wounded so horrifically and suffer so much brain damage, and suddenly wake up out of a coma with no brain damage and most of your injuries healed should convince everyone there is a God! This sounds like a really great book and I definitely will be reading it!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Definitely "hmmm" moments, but many of them were too complex for me to even want to think about them much. I guess I'm just not into philosophy or religion-based books. I think I'll be skipping this one but thanks for the interesting review!
Lana Shea
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lana-shea.html
Latest Review: The End-Time Foretellers by Ran Weber

Post by Lana Shea »

A psychological thriller with an interesting plot that brings a variety of well-developed characters together. I especially love the author’s message of promoting love and selflessness. Thanks for the review!
Washboard
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-washboard.html
Latest Review: The Sunken Forest by R. Barber Anderson

Post by Washboard »

I am not a religious person at all, so this one may not be for me. But I am glad to hear that it can reach such a broad audience instead of only one specific religion. Thanks for the review!
“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.” ― George Orwell, 1984.
MrsPino777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrspino777.html
Latest Review: Common Sense and Reasonable Answers by Warren William Luce

Post by MrsPino777 »

“If I get even one ‘hmmm’ out of you I will have succeeded.” I love it already! Sounds like this book is going to have me questioning and wondering about some or a lot of things in my life. I don't know if the author mentions this in the book, but have you heard of near-death experiences (NDE)? That's what Leah Warner experienced! These NDE that people go through starts with a tragic accident, gets put into a coma and when they finally awake, they are aware of their surroundings and share how they experience God's Grace. What's even crazier is how the damage that was done to their bodies are unexplainably healed and fully mended. I'm not sure about the statistics, but there are some or maybe few near-death experiencers that feel the hurt and suffering that they have caused among others, rather than God's Grace. Basically, how we all typically call it, "hell." Supposedly, some near-death experiencers say that God gives you the choice to come back to earth. We get a flashback on how we have impacted others and it is our choice to come back to earth and mend what is broken and make things right. These kinds of people come back usually more loving and forgiving. Although I label myself a Christian, I find it quite interesting when people like Leah say that God is not interested in religious dogma. And I whole-heartedly believe that it's true. There are so many denominations and no matter what belief or religion you classify in, God, just wants us to love and respect each other and be united as one! He (God) doesn't want us to focus on the things of this earth (materialism). It's the little things that matter most, which many of us overlook this matter. It's about spending time with friends and family, rather than pleasing our employer. Just an example. This is definitely my kind of read, for Leah's message is a mixture of religion, politics, philosophy, and economics, which plays an important role in everyone's lives. Also, you have me interested in another character in the book, Dr. Marcus, who you say is a man of science and a man of God. I would love to know what he has to say to Leah and how he plays the role of the mediator. I love a book that makes me question certain things in our lives. Whether it's religion, politics, philosophy or economically. What makes me more interested in reading this book is that the author is well-educated and makes proper research into writing this book. Sounds like a splendid job! To top it off, I have never been in a tragic accident, but I can resonate with Leah on how I came to believe in God with my own experiences. Despite the errors and missing periods throughout the book, I'll definitely be giving this book a read. Thanks again for writing a wonderful review on this book! God bless!
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

This is a book that will make you think and feel on many levels. Leah's message is simple but so difficult for many to accept and act upon. Thanks for a great review.
Lindsey Klaus
Currently Reading: The Rogue Queen
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey-klaus.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

This book isn't for me, but it sounds like an interesting book in general. It sounds especially appealing to someone looking for a spiritual read. I like that it introduces its concepts after the protagonist wakes from a coma with most of her injuries mostly healed, which sounds like an eye-catching opening. Thanks for your review, it was written really well!
OuKoyoo
Currently Reading: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oukoyoo.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by OuKoyoo »

You did a great review and I must say that this sounds like a very captivating book and one of those that is spiritually uplifting. Thank you for the review.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

A near-death experience and coming back healed with a message to share with everyone from God sounds like an extremely thought-provoking and moving book. I look forward to reading it. Great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Kro92813 »

I read the beginning of the book and the first chapter didnt grab my attention, but as soon as Leah woke up from her coma it started getting interesting! I'm not one for religious philosophies, but the book seems interesting enough! Thanks for the review :)
balako
Currently Reading: Death Has a Thousand Doors
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by balako »

A book for people who are looking for a book with deep meaning, this book sound like for me
ChainsawCat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chainsawcat.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by ChainsawCat »

Life, death, miracles, medicine, religion... sounds jam-packed. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and it sounds like others will too!
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

I really like the captivating cover, and think that this sounds like one of the spiritual books that make you think! The afterlife is such a mystery...
Noosh
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Wise Blood
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh »

Thanks for the nice review.
While it does sound interesting I’m afraid this sort of book isn’t my cup of tea.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

I like the title of this book very much. The question mark at the end of the title is able to make the readers curious about it. Though it seems to be a great book for readers with different religious beliefs, its theme sounds a bit heavy for my liking. So, I'm not sure whether I'll be reading it or not. All the same, thanks for the insightful review.

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”