Review by InStoree -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review by InStoree -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I love fantasy books, so this series seems right up my alley. I like the fact that the plotline develops in surprising ways as each new character is introduced. How will a refugee in the land of Voulhire change the fate of the kingdom? I'll have to read and find out. Thanks for a detailed review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Imiebam Hart
Favorite Book: Demon Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-im-hart.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Imiebam Hart »

I love sci-fi stories and the fact that this one contains magic and the lot would be intriguing though the part about inheritance and government may be a little too boring for me but nevertheless I would love to check out the book. Thanks
Joe-Curie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joe-Curie »

:techie-studyingbrown: Going through the book gives better insight into what the writers creative mindset is and yes such a bewildering kingdom the young man finds himself engaging into gives an assurance that he surely will have to fight his way through the kingdoms berserkers.

As said that greatness doesn't come into reality while in your comfort zone and he has just began the progress of becoming Voulhire savior

A great book there 🙌🏾
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Post by Fazzier »

I also liked that aspect of the author's inclusion of the fantasy world's map. I'm also a fan of Matthew Tysz's writings. Thank you for this wonderful review!
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Through your comprehensive description of the book, it took me back to the story and I remembered why I also scored this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is an amazing story by a truly gifted author.
Zhariah
Favorite Book: The Chimera Vector
Currently Reading: Race to Refuge
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhariah.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Zhariah »

This one sounds like a fascinating fantasy tale with a wonderful world to explore in this and subsequent books. When I tried to purchase this book I discovered I already had it on my kindle, so it has now been bumped up near the top of my 'to-read' list. Thank you for your wonderfully detailed review :)
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

I really liked the review. It is one of those pieces that gets you to visualize the story in a taste that you like. Moreover, since the introduction of the mentioning of sexual and religious content in a book, this is the first review I have read that has done this beautifully in my opinion. Thumbs up!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I can't resist a complex plot that keeps me guessing. I'm a huge fan of fantasy and science fiction anyway, but if something can actually catch me by surprise in terms of plot and character development in a good way (rather than a forced or poorly executed twist), then it's all the better. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Maps in fantasy world always help me visualize the location and distances between the places mentioned in the book. The plot seemed complex and I'd like to know more about this series.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

It sounds like the author has done a great job with world building. Nice review!
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

You've written quite a detailed review. Good job! I haven't read much in the fantasy genre. This book could be a good addition.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I had the privilege to read and review this amazing book. In my opinion, this is a must read for fantasy genre fans. The author has done a real good job at establishing the premise for further instalments of the series. And like you've mentioned, it has the potential to keep the readers hooked till the end. Thank you for the detailed review.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

As they say, good stories come with maps. This plot seems to be interesting. I liked that you stated it is in line with Game of Thrones as it helped me further in my decision to read this. Thanks for the review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

Wow! You're review has depth and gave me an insight into what the book is really about. I am a fan of fantasy and I will definitely read 'We are Voulhire'.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like a good sci-fi read and the constant fight for power makes it unique. Its comparison with Game of Thrones makes it relatable. Thanks for the exciting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”