I Beg to Differ.

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: I Beg to Differ.

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Yes, he does see us as individuals! With our sinful nature, we cannot get into heaven or achieve perfection on our own. We need Jesus Christ to do that. I think that the author was trying to get us to understand this concept in that part of the book. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

God does not really see our sins because we have been forgiven. He sees us through Jesus who atoned for our sins. He views us as individuals, that's why the Holy Spirit helps us in our specific areas of need.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Post by moowshiri »

I think God both sees perfection in Jesus and also has an interest in us as individuals that's why in Matthew 5:48 He says "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."
blessing_bona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-bona.html
Latest Review: Oh Daddy Chronicles by Barry Robbins

Post by blessing_bona »

God sees our imperfections. But when we are in Christ, he sees the price that was paid. He sees our desires to be better. And he reaches out to save us from ourselves.
ReneeBrown
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: the brave and the wicked by Brandon clarke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReneeBrown »

I would have to agree with you. God cannot ignore our mistakes and sins. But through Jesus Christ we can be made spotless again, therefore (in my head at least) when we repent then our sins will be forgotten by God.
M Deedee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-deedee.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by M Deedee »

Jesus died to take our sins away. So from his death, we have received grace to be whole and spotless again. But that doesn't mean that we should continue in sin.
Don't say it's Impossible if you haven't given it a try.
Deedee
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Crossroads by Andrew Slac
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Honestly I think forgiveness is understood in Jeremiah 33:8, "I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their inequities by which they have sinned..." I also know Isaiah 43:25 states, "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins." I think if we ask for forgiveness and honestly try not to repeat them that we will be forgiven and the sins erased. This particular book does an okay explanation of this but I found that reading actual scripture does more for me.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Deborah kalu
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

Ariely 20 wrote: 19 May 2020, 06:11
Folushour wrote: 13 May 2020, 09:29 I also don't think that sounds right. It sounds like an excuse to be honest. And I have been wondering about grace recently: should I be still be grateful that I received grace when or because my brother is not equally blessed? I hope this book sheds some light that.

We should always be grateful for grace and if your brother is not blessed you should share your grace with him.
I agree with you. Sharing with your brother is a nice one because grace is contagious.
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Nerea wrote: 08 May 2020, 03:59
monicamu wrote: 07 May 2020, 23:59 Is this really an appropriate forum for a discussion on religion? I think not.
No it's not. It's a forum to discuss about the contents portrayed in the book.
Since this is a book about the Grace of God, I feel the discussion is appropriate in the respect that a question was asked and most of us were answering it. Just a thought. :D
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I agree with you. I think He sees us completely, flaws and all, and what makes His love outstanding is that He loves us and forgives us despite our flawed nature.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Mrs Geddes and other stories by Saman Mahanama Dissanayake

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

We were created in the image and likeness of God. However, we have free will to act and we must decide to act according to the Word and the teachings of God. The guide is the Bible.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

B Creech wrote: 21 May 2020, 18:18
Nerea wrote: 08 May 2020, 03:59
monicamu wrote: 07 May 2020, 23:59 Is this really an appropriate forum for a discussion on religion? I think not.
No it's not. It's a forum to discuss about the contents portrayed in the book.
Since this is a book about the Grace of God, I feel the discussion is appropriate in the respect that a question was asked and most of us were answering it. Just a thought. :D
I agree. :tiphat:
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
gayscott
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayscott.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by gayscott »

God sees us as individuals and he knows our faults and failures but all that is covered by the blood of Jesus. We are forgiven.But he still sees when we fail Him. That's why we are chastised ....to be more like Him.
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. :reading-6: :reading-6: :angelic-cyan:
Sydney Nyamasoka
Currently Reading: The 1000 most important questions you will ever ask yourself
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-nyamasoka.html
Latest Review: The Harder I Fall, The Higher I Bounce by Max James

Post by Sydney Nyamasoka »

God does see us as individuals and any view in opposition to that disregards many scriptural references throughout the Bible.

He does consider our sins and imperfections which is why Christ, The Lamb slain from the earth's foundation, was crucified and resurrected to make way for converted, faithful and obedient followers (once dead in sins) to have an abundant life, now and forever (eternally).

The first disciples of Christ with whom He worked in His earthly ministry were 12 individuals. Each had his life and we have passages that do show Christ rebuking and correcting them for the lack of faith, understanding and strength to pray, at different times and not continually, of course because He requires that we grow spiritually and change to be more and more like Him (Christ).

The Bible itself contains these truths and if you go through the 4 Gospels by yourself, you'd see how Christ relates to us and that He is the "I AM" the One who is mentioned in the Old Testament which is why in the New Testament, now in flesh, He says that whoever has seen Him has seen The Heavenly Father.

Christ was and is, the exact representation of The Heavenly Father.
Search for, and find, real meaning in life and live purposefully.
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

I totally agree because God made us and he knows our imperfections and wrong inclinations better than we know it ourselves. So yes I do beg to differ.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”