favorite story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Re: favorite story

Post by AntonelaMaria »

prospero360 wrote: 24 May 2020, 06:41 I wouldn't say that I have any favorite story, but Jane's story was really inspiring. I could relate to it as I have been through a similar situation, and it was refreshing to read.
Maybe I didn't formulate the topic well. I meant more of a story that was the most relatable to the reader. Glad you found inspiration in it.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

Jane’s character inspired me. Having faith in difficult times can be challenging as we tend to forget our believes in those times, but Jane never lost faith in God.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 26 May 2020, 11:38
Sumansona1344 wrote: 16 May 2020, 04:08
Jajachris wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:18 Jane's story kind of reminded me of Job's story in the bible. He lost everything but not his faith and in the end he was rewarded for his faith, just as it was with Jane.
Same! Moreover, my previous read was "The Legacy of Job's wife". I could relate these stories and both of them gave me the strength to have faith even in impossible situations. I am not a Christian but these books make me wonder more about christianity and its perspectives.
I haven't read that book "The Legacy of Job's wife". I might give it a chance. Now I am really curious about it. I think this book is a great choice for the book of the month because we are currently living in such hard times as a whole world plus all other individuals' problems we all face every day. Overall positive messages can help every human. I hope you found your answers while reading it. I am always curious about different opinions it shines new light on discussions.
Yeah, I completely agree with you on this! I did found a lot of answers in these kind of books. 'The Legacy of Job's wife' will make you see her in a different way than usual people do. You will like it so much! It is fiction though.
Abhi07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhi07.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by Abhi07 »

Jane's story kind of reminded me of Job's story in the bible. He lost everything but not his faith and in the end he was rewarded for his faith, just as it was with Jane
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Sumansona1344 wrote: 27 May 2020, 04:06
Sumansona1344 wrote: 16 May 2020, 04:08

Same! Moreover, my previous read was "The Legacy of Job's wife". I could relate these stories and both of them gave me the strength to have faith even in impossible situations. I am not a Christian but these books make me wonder more about christianity and its perspectives.
I haven't read that book "The Legacy of Job's wife". I might give it a chance. Now I am really curious about it. I think this book is a great choice for the book of the month because we are currently living in such hard times as a whole world plus all other individuals' problems we all face every day. Overall positive messages can help every human. I hope you found your answers while reading it. I am always curious about different opinions it shines new light on discussions.
Yeah, I completely agree with you on this! I did found a lot of answers in these kind of books. 'The Legacy of Job's wife' will make you see her in a different way than usual people do. You will like it so much! It is fiction though.
Thank you so much for your recommendation. Such glowing praise. I do love that when books do it, it is a certain magic. Don't you think? The power of books. I will be reading it. I don't mind if it is fiction.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Abhi07 wrote: 27 May 2020, 04:57 Jane's story kind of reminded me of Job's story in the bible. He lost everything but not his faith and in the end he was rewarded for his faith, just as it was with Jane
I didn't see that connection as some of you did. But I'm glad you pointed it out.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Kemmy11 wrote: 27 May 2020, 03:57 Jane’s character inspired me. Having faith in difficult times can be challenging as we tend to forget our believes in those times, but Jane never lost faith in God.
I agree. And that is what was so inspiring to me too.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 27 May 2020, 08:38
Sumansona1344 wrote: 27 May 2020, 04:06

Thank you so much for your recommendation. Such glowing praise. I do love that when books do it, it is a certain magic. Don't you think? The power of books. I will be reading it. I don't mind if it is fiction.
Yeah, it really is! The books sometimes have such a great impact on me that I start loving them more.
Julyet_Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julyet-chris.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Julyet_Chris »

Janes story appeals to me because I’ve found myself in situations that even though I’ve no more strength in me to fight but for the sake of those around me,and despite not being very religious i still turn to God.

Janes story really magnified my faith.
A very wonderful piece.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

Filled with so many interesting and inspiring stories but I think Jane's story was quite fascinating. I had to read that particular story all over because it spoke a lot to me. For me that was it.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

I go for Jane.

I think turning to God when everything has gone wrong could be faulted partly but not entirely. Most humans are generally designed to feel relaxed when in a relaxed situation. Since God is seen, by most people, as a problem solver, who we run to in times of need, the obligatory sense of keeping a close relationship or connection to God when we feel less worried, tends to be undermined.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Caffrey_19 wrote: 27 May 2020, 15:25 I go for Jane.

I think turning to God when everything has gone wrong could be faulted partly but not entirely. Most humans are generally designed to feel relaxed when in a relaxed situation. Since God is seen, by most people, as a problem solver, who we run to in times of need, the obligatory sense of keeping a close relationship or connection to God when we feel less worried, tends to be undermined.
Yes. But what got me so involved with her story is that hardships just keep on coming just one after another.
Nelson Chocha
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: G.A.S. & Dementia
Currently Reading: ABM is B2B
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-chocha.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Chocha »

Protagonist Jane was so epic. Despite every challenge life threw at her she managed to remain standing in faith, The author captured my imagination to its fullest extent each time i read her story. I was inspired to never give up, no matter the situation God is always in Control.
Vicky-kooro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Vicky-kooro »

I think it is actually easier to turn to faith in hardship than it is when all is well. However we should have faith during the good times and the bad times. Jane Never allow her situations to take control of her faith. She remain focus even when the world seems to be over for her.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Nelson Chocha wrote: 27 May 2020, 22:16 Protagonist Jane was so epic. Despite every challenge life threw at her she managed to remain standing in faith, The author captured my imagination to its fullest extent each time i read her story. I was inspired to never give up, no matter the situation God is always in Control.
I am glad you were inspired it is an amazing thing to persevere in such hard times.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”