Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Grace Bela »

I'm terrible at answering this type of question. But the newest author added to my favorites list is David Mitchell. Cloud Atlas and Slade House are stunning! His style is amazing. I highly recommend to sci fi fans!
Flamingo28
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Flamingo28 »

My favourite author is L. Pichon because her books are funny and engaging :D
Folcro

Post by Folcro »

George Orwell. Ironically, I'm not a huge fan of his novels, but the way his experiences as a British soldier in occupied India taught him about humanity, and the way that shows in his essays and short stories, sometimes in the simplest and most subtle of ways, is nothing shy if beautiful.
Ginny1943

Post by Ginny1943 »

Debbie Macomber
Rylee_reader486

Post by Rylee_reader486 »

My favorite, I'd have to say is Neal Shusterman. He's always had that action packed drama that I crave in a book. Unfortunately, he hasn't made any sequels to some cliffhanging stories of his, but I guess that keeps me wanting more.
FuriousDestroyer75

Post by FuriousDestroyer75 »

Honestly, I love a few authors, but I will settle on Jeff Kinney because he makes Greg's life bizarre and funny. He really understands this generation of kids.
Last edited by FuriousDestroyer75 on 13 Jun 2020, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Kitsii Kat
Currently Reading: Lord Of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Kitsii Kat »

Stephen King
Robert Jordan
Michio Kaku
TrudiNZ
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: The Illuminatus! Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trudinz.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by TrudiNZ »

I loved Thoreau but my favorite author is Robert A.Heinlein. He hid a lot of philosophy in his books and commentary about society.
My Favorite quote of his is "I am free, no matter whatrules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them obnoxious I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by Samwisekoop »

J.R.R. Tolkien
C.S. Lewis
Andrew Peterson
Lee Strobel
Jeanne Birdsall
Sarah Butler
Lindsay A. Franklin
Shelby Bach
Karina Yan Glasser

I know there are many others, but I can't think of them at the moment.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel
Adrianna Melillo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Revolutionary Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrianna-melillo.html
Latest Review: Spring Fed by Bill Plyler

Post by Adrianna Melillo »

poetic_soul wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 13:00 I'd have to say my #1 favorite author is Neal Shusterman who has a very good series called "Unwind" and it's a dystology. It's basically about a society where children live in a world where their parents and/or caregivers can offer them to be 'unwound' which is basically just using their body for parts. It's like organ harvesting, but there s a lot of truth in the series though. You'll just have to read it for yourselves to get it.

My #2 favorite author is James Dashner, who is the author of The Maze Runner series. It's a very enticing series that'll have your jaw dropping. Seriously.
I've read both of these series and was completely engrossed in each of them, especially The Maze Runner. Dashner is great with character development, pacing, and suspense. This was probably my favorite series as a teen!

My all-time favorite author is Marcus Zusak. I find his character development parallel to none. He does an incredible job of creating characters who are purely human and flawed, but have redeeming qualities that you can't help but fall in love with. His words make me cry (in a good way) in nearly every book. He focuses a lot on family bonds, and how far one will go to protect the ones they love.
Kassiopei
Currently Reading: From Men and Angels: The Deliverance Trilogy: Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Kassiopei »

As of right now my favourite is Vera Nazarian based soley on her Atlantis Grail series. I found the series to be extremely developed in both plot and character, and the romance is NOT the sole focus of the books.
Fitoor_7
Currently Reading: The one thing
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Fitoor_7 »

My favourite author till now is Robim Sharma. His The monk who sold his Ferrari series is different and awesome . His are really awesome..
catss
Currently Reading: Champion
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by catss »

While I like many authors and will read pretty much any book you give me, I have to say Stephen King is my favorite. He has inspired me in many ways and has helped me through some hard times.
You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
-Stephen King
The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there…and still on your feet.
-Stephen King

He also inspired me to read more.
Come to the book as you would come to an unexplored land. Come without a map. Explore it and draw your own map.
-Stephen King
Doggone_

Post by Doggone_ »

Paul Lagan is my favorite, author he makes his stories real life feelings.
Captain DC

Post by Captain DC »

Myles Munroe

Return to “Discuss Authors”