Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Post by Standor5865 »

The way the author employ relatable short stories to teach readers the importance of faith, especially in tough situations, is what I liked the most about this book.
prowlingivy
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prowlingivy.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by prowlingivy »

I have started on the book. It's encouraging and explains faith at an entirely new angle for me. I think it would be handy for someone searching for spiritual fulfillment.
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

Grace revealed is an awesome book. It helps us to understand that whatever we are or do, only the grace of God can propel us or give usrest. Afterall, "I am what I am by the grace of God!"
Abigail Peake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-peake.html
Latest Review: Nadeems journey by Sherine Anniruth

Post by Abigail Peake »

'Grace Revealed' is not a single story or some ‘feel-good’ book of stories. It is a compilation of life situations and stories of people who have truly experienced the grace of God in their lives. Sievert steers clear of esoteric theology that does little to minister grace to the hurting. He comes right down to the nitty-gritty pain, the ugly, the disheartening and applies the unparalleled salve of grace. This book is a touching gift to those who are hurting from personal stories of those who have looked up from the pain into the precious eyes of grace. Overall I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars
Amesthenerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesthenerd.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by Amesthenerd »

I didn’t like it so much, but I’m also looking at it from the non-religious point of view.
Xenolyph
Currently Reading: Flowers in the Attic
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xenolyph.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Xenolyph »

The content was interesting to me but not overly so. I'm not overly religious. I usually peek into these types of books and try to keep an open mind. It was interesting but not something I would look into again.
Glory Oghenerukevwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-oghenerukevwe.html
Latest Review: Junk Justice by Gerry Rising

Post by Glory Oghenerukevwe »

Finding and understanding Grace is very important especially to anyone going through tough times. I love that this book talks about how beautiful Grace is using short stories that are very relatable.
cj_mcrich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cj-mcrich.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by cj_mcrich »

Have not read the book yet but seeing how people are engaged in reading spiritual and inspiring books, I am very pleased as a fellow Christian. I hope this book can help more of our brothers and sisters be enlightened of the true meaning of "grace" that God unconditionally offers us. :)
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

I found this book enlightening, spiritually. It will help a lot of people with problems they are facing in life. It's a 4 out of 4 for me so far.
Coud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coud.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Coud »

Standor5865 wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 04:38 The way the author employ relatable short stories to teach readers the importance of faith, especially in tough situations, is what I liked the most about this book.
I agree with this, interpretation and filling gaps can help people to have a bigger understandment
viviannganyi
Favorite Book: Zeus defied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viviannganyi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by viviannganyi »

It is an inspirational book. It's meant to encourage those who face difficulty such as drug addicts, death of loved ones and many more.
I love the way each chapter has scriptures for reference purposes. And most of the chapter ends with a prayer in relation to the topic. This encourages one to want to read the whole book as fast as possible. There is nothing I disliked as it is well written.
I recommend this book to those who love inspirational books.
Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

I am actually going to be writing a review of this book as I have just finished it, and I plan to rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

Amesthenerd wrote: 07 Jun 2020, 18:40 I didn’t like it so much, but I’m also looking at it from the non-religious point of view.
I’m kinda surprised by that. I’m an atheist and while I disagreed with stuff that was in there, overall I thought it was good for what it was.

Was it just the emphasis on God you didn’t like?
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Truly, this is a book every one should have because it provides succor in times of desperation and need to find peace in perilous times. Without grace whether you are a believer or not, one stops to survive. This might sound too religious for some people but believe me, this is the truth. If any loved one is going through trying times, I wouldn't hesitate a second to give this book out and help relief a soul from stress.
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Bukola02 »

I loved how the author used people's real-life experiences to encourage everyone. I recommend this book to all readers irrespective of their religious backgrounds or beliefs. I'm sure everyone will pick a thing or two from it. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”