Three phases of a Life of a Christian

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Re: Three phases of a Life of a Christian

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

ivana7 wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 02:30 I think the stages in life vary from person to person.
Although I think these are very common and can be followed up for most people.
Life is a different pathway for different people. But there are common things like these three phases
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Staceystae
Currently Reading: The Biblical Clock
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-staceystae.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by Staceystae »

Sushan wrote: 02 May 2020, 22:36 According to the author, there are three phases in the life of a Christian; Facing a crisis, Receiving grace, and returning grace to others.

What is your opinion about this? Have you ever done it? Is it practical?
It is practical. I agree with the author. Ther are three phases in the life of a Christian at some point in life i faced a crisis and i had to receive grace. So this phases are really practical
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

Staceystae wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 14:26
Sushan wrote: 02 May 2020, 22:36 According to the author, there are three phases in the life of a Christian; Facing a crisis, Receiving grace, and returning grace to others.

What is your opinion about this? Have you ever done it? Is it practical?
It is practical. I agree with the author. Ther are three phases in the life of a Christian at some point in life i faced a crisis and i had to receive grace. So this phases are really practical
First hand experience is undeniable

- Bill Gates -

Pretty giftee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-giftee.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Pretty giftee »

I totally agree with the author cause I've faced crisis quite a number of times and I'm sure it was God's grace that saw me through those crisis, and recently I've been able to return God's grace to other so I can say it's practical
Sushan Ekanayake

Pretty giftee wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 16:55 I totally agree with the author cause I've faced crisis quite a number of times and I'm sure it was God's grace that saw me through those crisis, and recently I've been able to return God's grace to other so I can say it's practical
These three phases have a place to belief as well

- Bill Gates -

Claude Belemu
Currently Reading: The Goal
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claude-belemu.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Claude Belemu »

I'm not sure if there is an implication that these phases happen seperate from each other i.e. sequentially. personally, these modes happen iteratively for me i.e. constantly happening at different degrees in my life someties all simultaneously for different issues. I may be facing a crisis with a particular issue while affording grace and forgiveness to another person on something else and also receiving the grace of God to help me cope with some problem I may be facing that I cannot overcome by my own strength. All this to say is that they are not mutually exclusive at the micro level. However, in the grand scheme of getting the revelation of grace that has always been available to us then, yes I agree in that: When one is first saved usually after facing some sort of crisis (phase 1) they hopefully realise and accept the grace of God in their lives (phase 2)- This can be an on-going event/process where one begins to understand the grace of God and recevive it repeatedly as they mature enough to a point where they hopefuly are able to (phase 3) give it to others. So there are 2 aspects, the micro and the macro. Hope I'm making sense.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I absolutely agree! It's very practical as we live these three phases everyday. Life itself is a crisis. Some are swallowed by it, but if you're not consumed, it's because you've received grace. God is merciful but he chooses who he'll show his mercy. And it is your duty to pay it forward by the little things you do for others.
Sushan Ekanayake

Adanna Inya wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 17:49 I absolutely agree! It's very practical as we live these three phases everyday. Life itself is a crisis. Some are swallowed by it, but if you're not consumed, it's because you've received grace. God is merciful but he chooses who he'll show his mercy. And it is your duty to pay it forward by the little things you do for others.
Life itself is a crisis. And you have to live through it

- Bill Gates -

Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

I'm not a Christian, but I could still relate to the three phases. I think any person regardless of their religion will go through those.
Sushan Ekanayake

Aditi Sapate wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 00:32 I'm not a Christian, but I could still relate to the three phases. I think any person regardless of their religion will go through those.
Yes, this is an universal fact

- Bill Gates -

Hester3
Currently Reading: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hester3.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Hester3 »

I agree with the concept of the three stages, but a "crises" does not necessarily have to be traumatic, it can be something simple like a broken-down car. It is in one's reaction to the crises that grace is revealed and once you find grace, you merely do not see situations as a crisis, but rather as a lesson or an opportunity. Grace is one of the most powerful things that God has given us and there is no better way to share your faith than by sharing God's grace.
Sushan Ekanayake

Hester3 wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 02:47 I agree with the concept of the three stages, but a "crises" does not necessarily have to be traumatic, it can be something simple like a broken-down car. It is in one's reaction to the crises that grace is revealed and once you find grace, you merely do not see situations as a crisis, but rather as a lesson or an opportunity. Grace is one of the most powerful things that God has given us and there is no better way to share your faith than by sharing God's grace.
Crisis is a subjective matter, and the impact of it varys. The grace can not only be help, but also knowledge and experience as well

- Bill Gates -

Salina shafi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salina-shafi.html
Latest Review: The Bell Maker by Chris Bowen

Post by Salina shafi »

I have heard of the three phases and I think those three phases are different for each person. Some people may not consider a conflict, a crisis.
Sushan Ekanayake

Salina shafi wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 23:06 I have heard of the three phases and I think those three phases are different for each person. Some people may not consider a conflict, a crisis.
The exact presentations will be different in each step for different people, but the core will be the same

- Bill Gates -

Nelson Chocha
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: G.A.S. & Dementia
Currently Reading: ABM is B2B
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-chocha.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Chocha »

All the outlined phases occurs quite often in day to day life expectancy. In my own awareness, Receiving Grace is every achievement and giving grace is sharing your enjoyment. As for Crisis, it is Crisis.

In additional to answer your questions"Have you ever done it"? and "is it practical"?. My answer to both questions is YES.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”