Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Post by topdan30 »

Nerea wrote: 01 May 2020, 01:08 This is a good piece that might encourage readers, especially those seeking spiritual comfort and enlightenment. The author defines Grace (also undeserved kindness), stating its importance. With conviction and supportive testimonies, the author explains how you can attain the undeserved kindness from God and how it can affect you as an individual.

My only problem is with some parts of the material where the author doesn’t provide a clear distinction between God and Jesus. At some point, he speaks of the two as one person and in other points as two different people. This might sound confusing for readers who are new to the divine teaching.

I like the Bible example of transformation incorporated in the material, which helps the reader to understand God’s undeserved kindness and know its purpose. Additionally, there are cited Bible verses addressed to specific readers, who are going through trials and are seeking comfort.

That said, I rate the book at [/b]3 out of 4 stars[/b]. I feel like some teachings in the material need a better explanation. There are some that I don’t agree with, like, how God views us as individuals and the lack of a clear distinction between God and Jesus.

The book will impress Christians or any reader looking for some good spiritual refreshments.
wow Thanks for breaking it down for me. will sure want to grab this book
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

I am patiently waiting for this book to show up for me. guess its on my to read list now.
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

This book contains alot of verses of the scripture to help expand the points in it. Great one
Mandy Males Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy-males-cole.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Mandy Males Cole »

I haven't read this yet, but I like the definition of grace as undeserved kindness. When witnessed or experienced it can change your life. This sounds like a great church book club read.
Yasmira_M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmira-m.html
Latest Review: Days Passed by Mcentry Dunbar II

Post by Yasmira_M »

I'm not a Christian and the verses and biblical references didn't really have that much impact on me but I loved how the author still got her messages across through the mini-stories. It is a truly inspiring book. I recommend it to anyone seeking more spiritual knowledge and rate it 3 out of 4 stars.
Michael40
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael40.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Michael40 »

Having read the review, I realized that the author wrote in an angelic tone. The presentation is an intentional guide in that, the words get to the reader in a systematic manner. Yes, in whatever one goes through, the grace of God is ever present and it is abundant. This is one of the reasons why we have oasis in crisis. If you ask me, I will say it's a good read. I have not read the book in the actual sense, but with the few words I have read, I believe it deserves the whole 4 stars.
Nelson Chocha
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: G.A.S. & Dementia
Currently Reading: ABM is B2B
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-chocha.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Chocha »

This book was really a good read for me. It is well-edited and the connections between plots and chapters is amazing. It is a Mentor in the form of a tale.

My only problem though was with some plots where the author doesn’t deliver an apparent difference between God and Jesus.

All in all this book deserves 4 out of 4 stars . :tiphat:
Aaron Ambers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-ambers.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Aaron Ambers »

A bulk of reviewers rate the chronicle a 3 out of 4 Stars.
Going through the text to experience a feel and give personal rating will be cool too.
What makes you different or weird – that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep
:tiphat:
Aaron Ambers
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-ambers.html

Post by Aaron Ambers »

topdan30 wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 12:34 This book contains alot of verses of the scripture to help expand the points in it. Great one
Oh wow, that'll make it easy to relate with, the author intends to drive home his point effectively.
What makes you different or weird – that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep
:tiphat:
AlphasFemale
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Gilded Wolves
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alphasfemale.html

Post by AlphasFemale »

Overall I thought that it was a good book.

I really liked the personal reflection sections of each chapter and the fact that the book offers those that might be struggling some form of hope.

I did not like how in one of the stories the person telling it said they are thankful for the trauma and shame of their childhood because it brought them closer to God. I felt like that person was trying to justify the horrible things that happened to them with religion. I am however biased against this kind of thinking because someone once told my father (who is disabled for life after falling off of a roof he was working on) that God pushed my father off of the roof to get his attention because he had strayed too far from the path that God had laid out for him. I just can't support the idea of such an act, maybe because I would never hurt my children especially permently hurt them just to get their attention and make them do what I want.

I would recommend this book to someone who was struggling and needed hope but just for general reading I wouldn't recommend it unless stories of faith are your thing. I did give the book a 3 out of 4 rating.
Tochukwu Godson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-godson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tochukwu Godson »

In my opinion, this book explores and explains one of the hidden mysteries of God's Kingdom: Grace! I like the aspect it revealed that grace should be experienced and given to others.
Pretty giftee
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-giftee.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Pretty giftee »

Sounds like a good book to help boost ones faith and help one get through the challenges of life. I'm definitely going to read this one
Sharon2056
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon2056.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Sharon2056 »

The book is indeed inspiring, I learnt how God's grace is undeserved and yet we're bestowed with it. Being a Christian I feel like it's an important spirirtual book in my library. I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Sminnich
Currently Reading: Through My Daughter's Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sminnich.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Sminnich »

I loved this book and gave it 4 out of 4 stars! the author did a very nice job of weaving the bible verses into the text. The stories were emotional and at the story of the woman who lost her young daughter and she showed up in a family picture gave me chills.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I love that this book touches on faith, strength, grief, hardship and more. It is very relatable to us as humans. And not forgetting that in everything, we get to see the encompassing love of God and how he comes through for his own.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”