Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Fernando222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernando222.html
Latest Review: If Only by Elaine Blick

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Post by Fernando222 »

I rate this book 3 out of four because the writer has done a tough job in recreating the Bible stories and inserting his ideas to give the book a sound representation.
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

I did not like the book. I do not think it is poorly written. But his theme is something that can end up being very offensive, if not taken with an open mind.
This book from the title "Killing Abel", may end up offending people who take the contents of the Bible in dogmatic ways.
And they can take it as something that borders on heresy. The theme is somewhat delicate to take lightly.

Writing about Adam and Eve, their expulsion from paradise and bringing the story to the point of the first assassination casually is somewhat offensive to many. People tend to see the subject from a more abstract point of view, taking a more human perspective can be shocking to them. The reflection times and the casual humor can be to much for those kind of people. Let us remember that there are people who deny the possibility of evolution despite the extensive evidence that shows it.

So the book can be very well wrine but... you know this one I will no folow it.
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

Can't wait to get started on this one, the title itself and the reviews have me chomping at the bits to get to it haha.
Siriusly_blank
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siriusly-blank.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Siriusly_blank »

A fine piece of writing that captures the reader's interest. The author has worked his magic and successfully incorporated the Biblical teachings in modern lifestyle. The book is definitely a miracle. If I were to rate it , I would give it 4 out of 4 stars. The book is an exquisite example of author's brilliant writing skills. The characters seem exceptionally genuine which allows the reader to connect to them easily. [ Narrative coherence is mainted throughout the book]. The volume is a must read for all the book lovers who like to read inspirational books with biblical references . I can't wait to finish it!.
Siriusly_blank

Post by Siriusly_blank »

A magical amalgamation of biblical events and modern outlook. The book instructs the reader to incorporate biblical morals into thier daily life by narrating short inspirational tales .
A must read for all!!
Siriusly_blank

Post by Siriusly_blank »

This incredible book is based on a religious topic , hence it can offend some of its readers. One needs to keep a calm head while reading it.
joenduga12
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joenduga12.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by joenduga12 »

Well, it seem to be an interesting book that discuss Bible account. Good attempt, by filling some of the gaps. From the review, I could tell that the book interprets excessively, and some of the interpretations are not quite true anyway. But the review was good. People will like to read it.
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

The author used his imagination to fill in the gaps. Some of his guesses are probably right and are quite realistic. The book gets me on for its superb creativity.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Sonja Jacobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonja-jacobs.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Sonja Jacobs »

I have mixed feelings about this book, besides that, I have different views on spirituality. I liked the imaginative parts of the book as it can broaden the Christian view and prompt wider thinking. I did not like the patriarchal views that Eve adopts as it belittle women.
You need a bit of biblical insight and background of Christian views and believes to properly follow the story. However, the traditional Christian may not find it enjoyable to read specifically due to the imaginative parts.
dsir
Currently Reading: Beyond The Threshold
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dsir.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dsir »

The book indicates that God is liberal. He doesn't just force things but gave us free will to do good or bad. I would recommend the book to those who want to understand God's dealing with human beings from the beginning.
Chiagbanwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiagbanwe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chiagbanwe »

I liked the fact that the book was based on the Bible. The fact that God learns does not rest well with me. He is infinite and spiritual, so I think trying to analyse him on a mathematical basis will be undermining his greatness. He simply can't be analysed. He is the origin of everything including 'analysis', so can you analyse the one who made the kinks of analysis? The more we try to analyse him, the more questions and confusions we bring to the burden of our brains. I gave the book a 3 out of 4 stars, because I was a bit objective. However, the book was a pleasant read and I would recommend it to other readers.
Alexandros92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandros92.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Alexandros92 »

I just wished it would go even further and describe the culture of the first people, how they were dressed and cooked and their customs in more detail. Very good effort overall :)
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by tanner87cbs »

Overall I did not enjoy the book. It was a little too far fetched of a historical-fiction to me.
Essywa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essywa.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Post by Essywa »

mbiku254 wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 03:40 What I love about this book is that it is informative and we'll edited. I will rate this book 4 out of stars and recommend it to those who are interested in reading Christian (religious) books.
You have highly rated this book, am definitely giving it a try.
Essywa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essywa.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Post by Essywa »

_priyamvada_ wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 14:08
Sunday diamond wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 17:52 The book is surely my favorite, though I've not read the book. But wished to give it a read if I'm opportuned to review it.
if you have not read it then how is it your favourite?
I think he/she meant the book of Genesis.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”