Review by Tajwar Shakir -- The Dark Web Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tajwar Shakir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tajwar-shakir.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Tajwar Shakir -- The Dark Web Murders

Post by Tajwar Shakir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Dark Web Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

[/i]"The Dark Web Murders"[/i] by Brian O' Hare[/b] is a murder mystery. It is written for the specific audience with a reading taste for the murder suspense genre. I have thoroughly enjoyed this book since the beginning to the end. I have been a fond reader of murder suspense and a Sidney Sheldon's diehard fan so it has been a perfect pick for me to read. The novel contains all the elements to spark thrill and suspense right from the beginning.[/b][/i]

[/b][/i]I had my doubts while selecting this book to review, that it might not prove as good a read as Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham and Geoffrey Archer. But the way the writer has dealt with the topic of "dark web" it proved to be a must-read for all the thriller lovers. The story opens with the numbers of murders in strange scenarios. But the forensic reports them to be interlinked as having the same killer's crime. This makes the plot really interesting. The murderer is at large committing the one after another murder in the book. He also seems to be an activist on the dark web as well.[/b] [/i]

[/b][/i]The term "dark web" has come into use since the emergence of the issue of "blue whale" game on the news a few years back. It has also been reportedly used to denote the highest crime rates throughout the world. According to the report and data revealed on the news channel, it is said to be the most sorted medium these days by the professional killers, rapists and the culprits for many white-collar crimes as well. This has all been very well portrayed and presented in this book by the author. He has shown good research-based data and approach in dealing with this famous dark web criminals and their psyche in his novel. Chapter four of the novel reveals the mindset of the killer after committing the murders. He also rectifying his deed on his personal blog at the dark web for his fans and followers. The writer has given good information about the ‘dark web' in this chapter.[/b][/i]

[/b][/i]The writer has done a great job in his protagonists and antagonists characterization. He has done justice to his villain's mindset and personality development throughout the plot. He justified the views and opinions of the killer for the act of back to back murders by reading the killer's mind. Mr Brian has beautifully presented the character of the Chief Inspector "Jim Sheehan". The writer has also provided the introductory notes on his characters at the beginning of the book for the convenience of the new readers. The way he has dealt with the serious issues of the dark web, murder and homosexuality is the most admirable in this book.[/b][/i]

[/b][/i]I like it that he kept the language simple enough for the reader to keep his interest alive in his murder mystery. I also like it that he had not dragged the plot with some unnecessary details and subplots. The story revolves around the main murder of the judge Neeson and is well knitted with the other murders. There were numbers of suspects in this plot. Who were the members of the Club with a similar appetite for money, sex, lust and power! The Chief Inspector has resolved this mystery in a professional manner by approaching these members of the club in a technical way. The rest I would leave to the reader to find out by reading this book.[/b][/i]

[/b]I would rate this book 3 out of 4[/i] stars due to some errors I have observed in it. As it reflects the casualness of the editor to mark and correct the mistakes in the book. On the other hand, I feel this book does contain all the elements of a perfect murder suspense mystery. I would highly recommend all the thriller and suspense genres readers to go for this novel. It is a perfect read and a good one too![/b][/i]

The Dark Web Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Nice review! I reviewed the book too and gave it 2 stars.
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Tajwar Shakir
Currently Reading:

Post by Tajwar Shakir »

:tiphat: :tiphat:
riyosha wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 22:51 Nice review! I reviewed the book too and gave it 2 stars.
Thanks alot for the appreciation :tiphat: you have made my day with your comment :tiphat:
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

Great review! I have also read and reviewed this book and gave it the same score. It is a fantastic novel, but could definitely use a little more editing. :)
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Tajwar Shakir
Currently Reading:

Post by Tajwar Shakir »

NDeMeer wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 05:48 Great review! I have also read and reviewed this book and gave it the same score. It is a fantastic novel, but could definitely use a little more editing. :)
Thanks alot for the comment and yes it's a great read! :tiphat: i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”