Review by Seroney_ -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Sn...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review by Seroney_ -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Sn...

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery is the seventh book in the Diary of a Snoopy Cat series. The Inca and Company (Detective Agency) consist of kitties, doggy, and a hamster.

The head of the Detective Agency is Inca, the Queen of kitties. The other members are Fromage (Inca's bother), Cara (sister to Inca), Charlotte (hamster), and Terrance (doggy). Polo and Monk are back in London (not part of this adventure).

Over the holiday, Mom (owns the kitties and hamster) decides to spend time at Galle, a seaside village in Sri Lanka. Solo (owner of Terrance), having a reputation for solving both domestic and international crimes, is involved in an investigation of a stolen sword from the Colombo Museum. Inca and Company are thrilled since Terrance (part of the Agency) and Solo will be joining them, in Sri Lanka (Solo and Mom are both humanoids). The Detective agency learns that other antiques (gold coins) have gone missing too. How will they recover the stolen pieces? Are they equal to the task?

Having read the eighth book in the series, I was equally delighted to review this one. It is a stand-alone read that does not require prior knowledge of the previous books in the series.

The author wrote the book from a first-person perspective. The character development was tiptop. To be precise, Terrance was my preferred persona. He is remarkably brave and hardy. He is also kind since he offers to help Inca in tracing Fromage when he went missing in the middle of the night.

The book emphasizes on friendship. The Agency befriend Rani (a turtle), Meena (baby elephant), and baby leopards. It is rocky to elucidate the vitality of these friendships, without providing spoilers. My favorite aspect of the story was unity and teamwork. The characters rely on the assistance and support of each other for a breakthrough. It is what I liked most about the book.

There was absolutely nothing I disapproved about this book. I appreciated the dialogues and graphical representations. The vivid description of the scenes was centric. R.F. Kristi adequately provided information about everything she stumbled on. As a result, I could create the images in my mind. Tim Aucoin edited the book professionally since I hardly noted any grammatical errors. There is no instance of a sex scene or profanity in the book. Since there was nothing I did not like, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend Serendipity Mystery to children (between 7 to 12 years). They will expand their vocabulary and knowledge by reading it. Adults who love children’s books will also find it enthralling.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This book is so lovely, I wish there were books like this when I was a kid. They are very educational and gripping. When I read this one I loved it. Thanks for the beautiful review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I enjoyed this book, too, although it was a bit long for a children's book. Thanks for the honest review. Great work!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

An unusual assortment of detectives hahaha.... I'm sure they have the skills to sniff out any evidence. I'm pretty sure the children will love this one. Good job!
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

Inca always coming through for her people. I love this series. Beautiful review.
Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chickenwings00 »

This is an interesting read for kids. Inca and her detective agents decided to visit Sri Lanka on holidays along with mom.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

The book sounds like a nice children read. Although I am not a fan of children books but from your review I can tell this is a nice one. Thanks for this great review!
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A lovely book which is suitable for both adults and children. The focus on animal characters makes it quite charming. Thanks for your insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

I love the theme of the book. Animals that's take on humane characteristics is quite interesting. You also do have such a beautiful writing language! I enjoyed reading the review and will definitely enjoy the book. Great review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I love how this series teaches children about different cultures :) Thanks for a great review!
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

I've read so much about this series. Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat sounds like yet another lovely book for children who enjoy stories with a little excitement and mystery. Thank you for your review!
riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Nice, insightful review. Thanks :)
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
TADSAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadsails.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by TADSAILS »

A very interesting book I enjoyed every page. My nephews favorite
Mutai Marshal
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

J_odoyo wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 00:26 The book sounds like a nice children read. Although I am not a fan of children books but from your review I can tell this is a nice one. Thanks for this great review!
TADSAILS wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 13:52 A very interesting book I enjoyed every page. My nephews favorite
TADSAILS wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 13:52 A very interesting book I enjoyed every page. My nephews favorite
riyosha wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 08:27 Nice, insightful review. Thanks :)
Dominik_G wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 04:05 I've read so much about this series. Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat sounds like yet another lovely book for children who enjoy stories with a little excitement and mystery. Thank you for your review!
gabrielletiemi wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 05:50 This book is so lovely, I wish there were books like this when I was a kid. They are very educational and gripping. When I read this one I loved it. Thanks for the beautiful review!

Thank you for the comment :tiphat:
Mutai Marshal
Currently Reading:

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Alice Ngugi wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 05:53 I love the theme of the book. Animals that's take on humane characteristics is quite interesting. You also do have such a beautiful writing language! I enjoyed reading the review and will definitely enjoy the book. Great review!
Thank you Alice :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”