Review by Uncle_Praise -- Gringo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by Uncle_Praise -- Gringo

Post by Uncle_Praise »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Gringo" by Dan "Tito" Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Perhaps we find ourselves wanting everything. It is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing. In this decadent novel, Dan ‘Tito’ Davis and Peter Conti effortlessly open the eyes of the reader into the shadows of drug trafficking and life on the run.

Dan ‘Tito’ Davis, a poor college student from South Dakota, allows his curiosity and greed for money to pull him into the dark world of drug trading. With his fear of being poor, Dan seizes every opportunity in drug trading and makes the most out of it. Dan enjoyed every bit of life, such as money, fame, and a fantastic business that continued to earn him more money than he had ever imagined. Trouble hits paradise as Dan is apprehended for his involvement in drug trading. What could have gone wrong? Read to find out the conclusion of this thrilling novel.

Gringo: My Life on the edge as an international fugitive is absolutely a stunning read. The book contains 293 pages and 16 chapters. The plots are so intense that it is not easy to blink as you might miss the point. Dan’s story is somewhat like a fantasy, but the dark edge behind every word had an exceptional ring of reality to it. The grammar used, though in a constant exchange of Spanish and English, was quite easy to understand. I learned quite a few Spanish statements. I admired most of Dan’s qualities, but I particularly admired his determination and business thinking.

Peter Conti’s writing is well structured and thrilling. I believe the structure emanates from his strong detailing skill. He deserves my commendation for the wealth of information and expertise displayed in the book. Also, Peter was able to help the reader understand the concept of drug trafficking. It was highly analytical, impeccably researched, and even a minuscule detail was not overlooked. I am proud to say that I finished this book with a renowned knowledge of drug trafficking.

Overall, there is not a single thing I dislike about the book. It is well-edited as I did not find any grammatical or punctuation errors. One of the things I admire in any novel regardless of the number of pages is the depth of knowledge. This book achieves it. Therefore, I am rating Gringo: My Life on the edge as an international fugitive 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to teenagers and youth, but most especially to those who enjoy crime documentaries.

Gringo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I love crime documentaries so this seems to be something that I would totally enjoy. It looks like the author is very talented at what he does and that he is well-researched. Thank you so much for the review and recommendation.
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

I'm curious, how did he manage to evade the authorities that long. This book's title conveys the message nicely.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uncle_Praise »

Ashley-Osuna wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 23:56 I love crime documentaries so this seems to be something that I would totally enjoy. It looks like the author is very talented at what he does and that he is well-researched. Thank you so much for the review and recommendation.
Yes the author did an amazing job. Thank you for checking by
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

This was a good book filled with twists and turns, and the narrative was entertaining. His life story seems like fiction, lol. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”