Featured Review by mary-annef -- The Solution is Political Revolu...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mukukamm30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukukamm30.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Re: Featured Review by mary-annef -- The Solution is Political Revolu...

Post by Mukukamm30 »

Almost all countries are facing the same problems such as an increasing public sector that fails to perform and a growing number of retirees, it is agreeable that all these have a negative effect on the Treasury. However, the formulation of good policy may appear easy on paper but implementation is so tough.
Chikom
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikom.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chikom »

The review is great! It somehow gives a comprehensive outlook of the US economy which is the biggest in the world. Being a student of Economics, am familiar with the statistical data in the book so i look forward reading the whole book.
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

It's always hard for me to accept one person's statistics when I'm sure there is another book out there that presents the exact opposite argument using equally trustworthy statistics. Seems the only way for there to be any real change is to dismiss everyone from the President down to the most minor lobbyist on both sides fo the political spectrum and replace them with citizens who've never had any political ambition. Of course, this would never happen. It would be impossible. Anyway, thanks for your review.
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
bawhite1029
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bawhite1029.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by bawhite1029 »

I have this book on my bookshelf and thanks to you I know more about the book. You say it is "written for the layperson, but it relies on the reader being reasonably numerate and familiar with financial terminology." Hoping to gleen as much information as possible.
mary_schuld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-schuld.html
Latest Review: The Bell Maker by Chris Bowen

Post by mary_schuld »

Your review was very compelling and knowledgeable, however I am not sure this a book I would enjoy since it seems centered in economical and business oriented, something I am not particularly interested. On the other hand, I can definitely see this being a great book for some friends of mine. Thanks for the great review!
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I find the premise of this book very interesting as I fairly agree with most of the author's ideas. Great review!
hidden_absurdity

Post by hidden_absurdity »

Wow, pretty detailed review! Good Work !
Mukonda2

Post by Mukonda2 »

Finding fault with this book feels like nitpicking, but if I have any criticism of Rising, it would be his view of himself as the "average Joe." This naivety is exposed in his proposed solution, the basis of which is that the 326 million citizens of the U.S. outnumber the 5 million "guilty" within the federal government and Wall Street. But how many of the 326 million would be capable of accessing his arguments, let alone acting on them? If Rising suspects the 5 million of deliberately sowing division amongst Americans as a distraction tactic, then he should perhaps consider the intention and impact on education and energy levels of the policies they impose on under-resourced communities.Interesting perception anyway
Tillywilson19

Post by Tillywilson19 »

He not thinking about anybody but himself. What about the educational systems..etc
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

Im going to have to read this book. It sounds like such a captivating book and plot. Thanks for the amazing review!
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

Politics is really not one of my areas of interest (I look into it if I have a specific focus). Still, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the book. It sounds like it might be worth reading, especially since the author backs up his arguments with facts and figures. Thanks for a stunning, informative review. Well done!
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
Ayahhazin2002

Post by Ayahhazin2002 »

The book was very interesting, however can be boring at some parts . Recommend if you are a fan of politics.
Walusungu

Post by Walusungu »

This is a well constructed review of the book. Even though I have not read the book the review has created an appetite to read the book
joenduga12
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joenduga12.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by joenduga12 »

The review is great. But I too I'm not a fan of political books. But the efforts of the writer is well appreciated. Nevertheless, it is good especial for politicians. So, I will skip this one.
jardenjarden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jardenjarden.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by jardenjarden »

This book certainly sounds like it would be an interesting and educational reader. I too am one of the many who doesn't identify with either side of the political spectrum so I think that this book would be very thought provoking and intriguing. You're review made it sound like an enticing read. Thank you for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”