What stuck with you?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Divergent fire
Favorite Book: The Hand Bringer
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-fire.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: Mobile

Re: What stuck with you?

Post by Divergent fire »

The beautifully written plot of this story has caught my attention. The positivity it gives me when I read the book has stuck with me.
rachna_r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itsrachna.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by rachna_r »

What stuck me is the idea of comfort which comes after gloomy days. The idea that situations can be worst like sexual abuse but what matters is how you deal with it and get back up with a faith in your heart.
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

This book is written on a very open-minded mindset. It touches on sexual abuses and shows how abuse can torment a victim for ages, even causing mental problems. That, therefore, taught me to never look down on anyone as we never know what people are going through.
Nduthu43
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nduthu43.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by Nduthu43 »

I have not read the book. But from the comments, it seems it a book to go for. I will check it out.
carlavia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlavia.html
Latest Review: Trinity's Fall by PA Vasey

Post by carlavia »

that's pretty difficult to answer. every story got hit me, all in different ways, and I think that's what made this book exceptional
Francis okorie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-okorie.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Francis okorie »

The book hurt me but most importantly is the impact of sexual abuse in a person's life
keiyoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keiyoshi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by keiyoshi »

In books like this, I think the usual lesson to really stick with the reader is positivity. After all, hope and resilience is what will be left of us during those difficult times.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Through reading this book , two things really stuck out to me. The positivity in the book is amazing. However, the abuse part - I can definitely do with out. The reviews were very helpful to understand what was really going on.
Haywhyre7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haywhyre7.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Haywhyre7 »

His talk concerning anxiety really got to me as it was a topic I found so relatable
simplybyjenn
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplybyjenn.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by simplybyjenn »

All of the different stories togther really made the biggest impression as it reminded me of the strength within all of us. It was very comforting and a great reminder during these trying times.
plnjimenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plnjimenez.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by plnjimenez »

Tonika632 wrote: 21 May 2020, 12:46 Positivity kept me tied to this book. Definitely, one of the most beautiful non - fiction novels I have read. I just love the thought that there's someone watching your back all the time...
Truly, we are not alone.
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

Hope above all else.Always keeping hope alive.That stuck
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

HeatDods22 wrote: 22 May 2020, 18:00 All of the examples in this book of God's love and His willingness to help us in times of trouble if we only rely on Him are very impactful. The author did a great job adding relatable Bible verses to each story that really helped me as well.
Although all of the stories in this book are moving, one of them really stuck out to me. Bob Uber's story is truly inspirational. A soldier in Vietnam, Uber really had a servant's heart. Even though he was had his plate full with participating in a war, he still took the time out to spread the gospel and hand out children's coloring and activity pages that his mother sent, making a big impact to those people.
Another thing that I found really moving was that while he was overseas, Bob Uber's wife would suddenly get a very strong urge to pray for her husband's safety. After he returned from the war and they talked about it, he realized that each and every time she had that urge he had been in immediate danger. I just thought that was so cool! God helps us in mysterious ways but it just fills me with such wonder when things like that happen in our lives.
I found his story really touching. God always raised someone to pray at for him at that point of need. Even the way God called his wife to pray by the phone ringing or the dog barking.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

simplybyjenn wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 07:19 All of the different stories togther really made the biggest impression as it reminded me of the strength within all of us. It was very comforting and a great reminder during these trying times.
So true... all the different stories have a great impact. While some can touch one because they can relate to it, others still touch the heart because we learn of things we may never go through or have never been through.
mbhuibregtse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbhuibregtse.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by mbhuibregtse »

I absolutely loved the stories. My favorite was Coss'. I was so inspired by him, I spent time researching his legacy after.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”