Review by Tan TR -- Justice by Scott Hughes

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
biblichore_pages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biblichore-pages.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Review by Tan TR -- Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by biblichore_pages »

The book is so amazing. Nice review.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Post by That Reviewer »

Justice means different things to different people. The way one expects justice to be done differs from another. However, in the end, if we are compassionate, we can see justice from the eyes of mercy. Well done Scott for this well-written novella.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Post by Sam Ibeh »

Okay, I have a stereotypical approach to books with this title, or something related to it. You know the drill; something happens, the police gets involved, after series of investigation, the culprit is found, and justice is carried out. But reading through the review, I see that this book is bringing a whole new paradigm to how we see justice — from individual perspectives. This is great to see.
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxiphemmax.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by maxiphemmax »

Justice is now being perverted and the criminal are going scot-free while the innocent are been allegedly incarcerated. Still hope this book shines light on sentiments and bigotry justice systems. Would surely love to read this, already added it to my shelves. Congrats to the master, Scott Hughes, on this.
monicamu
Currently Reading: Wings Over Ghost Creek
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monicamu.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by monicamu »

The reviewer describes the story as "interesting and raw" and I have to agree, at least as far as the emotions are concerned. It certainly is thought-provoking in its consideration of the subject of justice.Altogether an interesting review of a fascinatinglittle book. Thank you.
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by docfatima »

An unhappy marriage and the corrupt judicial system .... cannot connect with the common ground. The books seems interesting. Congratulations on BOTD
even miracles take a little time. :angelic-blueglow:
Reader047
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader047.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Reader047 »

[bn=][/bn]I read the sample of this book(present on Amazon), and its well-written review on OnlineBookClub, and I was convinced that this is an interesting book. The cover and its title are all amazing, I liked them.
femma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-femma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by femma »

The justice system is sometimes the battle of the richest, seeing small poor criminal going for a longer sentencing while a brutal murderer goes for a plea deal with a short sentence, infact I understand Joseph's reaction in this book. I'm so thrilled in the way Scott penned down this beautiful piece. Congrats on the book of the day award.
Reader047
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader047.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Reader047 »

I read the sample of this book(present on Amazon), and its well-written review, and I was convinced that this is an interesting book. The cover and its title are all amazing, I liked them. Thanks for this insightful review.
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

Good review, and I agree with your points since I also read this novella. Definitely a thought provoking read on justice, the criminal justice and legal systems and marriage. The characters are memorable and the story flows well. Highly recommended!
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Sonja Jacobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonja-jacobs.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Sonja Jacobs »

This seems like a book with a completely different angle. Justice, love, and betrayal is an interesting combination. I would love to read it. Well done to the author.
Wordlessly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordlessly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wordlessly »

I've always been a believer of 'two sides to the same story' concept and this book provides an interesting take on it. The novella length and professional editing is another huge advantage. Thank you for the lovely review.
Steven Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steven-samuel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Steven Samuel »

The book is indeed thought-provoking. I may not be a fan of this genre but I don't see myself skipping this book for any reason. Thanks for the review.
sirjay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sirjay »

Steven Samuel wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 00:27 The book is indeed thought-provoking. I may not be a fan of this genre but I don't see myself skipping this book for any reason. Thanks for the review.
This review of the book depicts the reality in many societies where individuals prefer jungle justice in a dilapidating criminal system. I wish to connect to the poetic emotional containments of the book, I will love to read it.
Sunchris01
Favorite Book: So This Is Love
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Sunchris01 »

Justice is the common in our modern society. Despite your great review i will have to pass this one. Congratulations!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”