Review by firda_isfandary -- Our Autumn Years

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
firda_isfandary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firda-isfandary.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by firda_isfandary -- Our Autumn Years

Post by firda_isfandary »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Our Autumn Years" by Arthur Hartz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We as young people, never really know what it is like to grow old until that day comes. Some people think it is scary and others look forward to it. Some people refuse to get physically old by using various anti-aging creams. Some people prepare to grow old by continuing their activities and making the most of their young time. In fact, growing old is normal. Growing old will be experienced by everyone. Then the question arises from teenagers and young people, how does it feel to be old? I cannot answer this question because I am in my mid-20s. But after reading this book, I found that I often get very good advice and open my mind on every page.

Our Autumn Years written by Arthur Hartz is a beautiful and sweet book that will make readers smile every time you open page after page. Cartoon illustrations that are displayed with a choice of beautiful words can keep readers entertained by some humorous comments therein. Sometimes I found the words also like poetry. If you are young people then you will feel that this book often gives important advice for our lives. This book makes you grateful for the life you currently have, remembering about the sweet past, and the future that we must get in the best way.

The author and illustrators would have worked well together to make this book. Sometimes the topic of getting old is sensitive to many people. Therefore, with this book, this shows the courage of the author. Elders naturally feel connected when they read this. Our Autumn Years is not just any book with illustrations but more than that. This book gives you ideas of what kind of thinking growing old looks like. What they think, feel, and experience. Readers will understand them better, understand our parents, as well as our grandparents.

On the last page, the illustrations really touched my feelings even though there were no comments. But I can feel the deep meaning, calmness, love, and warmth. This is something unique and like the magic of this book, you can understand it even if the writer doesn't write a word. This book certainly makes the reader respect the elderly more, giving them more affection, and understanding. This book makes me miss my grandmother who often talks a lot every time we meet.

Our Autumn Years is very good for everyone to read because it is light and informative reading. This book has no errors so it is clear that this book was edited professionally. I found no reason to dislike this book but I hope this book can be longer because I really enjoyed it. I am giving the book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Our Autumn Years
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Great review! I agree with you that this book is very informative. It shows a side to the elderly that most people don't give too much thought.
azidy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azidy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by azidy »

This seems like a really sweet book. I really like the idea of using illustrations and I'm sure it makes the book more enjoyable.

Thank you for a nice review! :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”