Review by sharon titus -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Review by sharon titus -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by sharon titus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what are dreams?.Are they just the produce of thoughts entangled inside our brain while sleeping or are they something more? Or ever wondered what happens after we fall asleep, where do we go?
worldline by Adam Guest provoke an interesting idea of parallel universe aka worldlines with infinite number of different outcomes of a single action.

Gary jackson, 21 year old, physics student at university college of southern England, avoided a life threatening accident on his way to english exam 5 years ago, which he retells in his physics lecture,which however, according to Professor Buzzard, the lecturer, might have had a varied outcome in a different worldlines which turns out to be true as Gary in a different worldline had met the accident which scarred him for life, as in physically as well as mentally. He commits a severe crime via lucid dream in the worldline of first Gary. He regrets the fact that his other self might be paying for his crime and sets on to amend it.

Adam Guest had done an excellent job creating the book. the sole idea of different worldline is very interesting. Gary is the protagonist in all the worldlines, and it's fascinating how the author has narrated the story with different perspective of a single yet different characters.There is a bit of humor here and there that balances the intensity of the highly scientific theme.

The thing I dislike about the book is the repetitions of some same scenarios in different worldline which seemed a bit boring.However the book is well written and professionally edited. I did not come against any profane language or any errotic scenes.

Overall I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as the storyline is highly remarkable with vivid characters and author's creativity as well as originality. I highly recommend this book to those readers who fancies science fiction that grab and hold on to your interest till the very end and make you wonder do we really dream or drift off to another worlds and make memories?

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Dreams mean different things to different people. It is clever of the author to exploit this goldmine. Congratulations on your first published review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
sharon titus

Post by sharon titus »

Cotwani wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 12:42 Dreams mean different things to different people. It is clever of the author to exploit this goldmine. Congratulations on your first published review.
thank you
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’ve read this book and I enjoyed every part of it. I loved the idea of parallel worlds. Great review!
sharon titus

Post by sharon titus »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 10:20 I’ve read this book and I enjoyed every part of it. I loved the idea of parallel worlds. Great review!
me too, thanks for stopping by.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I first had an impression on the concept of Worldliness from this book and enjoyed the author's insights. Great review. 💫
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

The many repetitions could seem boring, but I think it's necessary for in telling the story. I have come across a lot of reviews about this book, and all (or most) are positive. Great review!
Bodajo Babu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Bodajo Babu »

Good Job for the first writing......the world of parallel ideas .....People are passing through different experience....Thanks for this review
Last edited by Bodajo Babu on 01 Sep 2020, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

I have read this book too and enjoyed it just as much as you do! The concept, based on the scientific theory, is amazing. Congrats on your first review!:)
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”