Overall rating and opinion of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker

Use this forum to discuss the July 2020 Book of the month, "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.
Charity Damaris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charity Damaris »

I find this book interesting because it is full of adventure. I especially liked the part the expedition team join hands together through the lands in order to survive. I would recommend this book to readers who love science fiction. The fact that it does not have any grammatical errors make me to rate it at 4 out 4 stars.
Chikom
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikom.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chikom »

The first chapters were a bit sloppy !! I didn't like it!
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

The book is interesting, I enjoy the layers of plot. However, I agree it was slow in the beginning.
anairda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by anairda »

There is a large attention to detail that brings a thrilling experience to the reader but also the length the detail can at times be too much and persuade the reader to no longer continue reading the book. But in the end it is worthwhile to finish the book since there is much to uncover in the story.
Yasmira_M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmira-m.html
Latest Review: Days Passed by Mcentry Dunbar II

Post by Yasmira_M »

Such an incredible book. It brings the reader in to a totally different world and I loved that.
_tiyaah
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by _tiyaah »

I would give this book a three out of four because it is a fascinating read and very exciting but i don't like the fact that it was slow but i would recommend it to others
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

The story is very interesting, given the fact that the whereabouts of Grant's uncle are not known. My favourite character is Randall, because he is not only carefree but also adventurous, but I find his reputation questionable, due to the money discovered, while his nephew was going through his belongings.Well, according to the author, Randall did not have a known paying job. I am also worried about the safety of Grant, due to the people who keep trailing him. This story is very interesting. That is reason enough for me to recommend to those loving catching up on well authored stories. For persons, who love tales laced around adventure and reading in general, I again recommend this story. You may find this story very interesting as well.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

I was intrigued in the first few chapters. The premise was definitely something to look forward to. However, the pacing was too slow for me. It gets better at some point but it goes back to being slow. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

My rating for this would be three out of four stars. I agree with many that the buildup was slow at the beginning but things got more interesting as the story progressed. I like the idea of a hidden untouched land with undiscovered properties and effects on the human body, together with the existence of extinct animals.

My complaint is that I wished the writing could have tighter to keep the novel moving at a faster pace.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Keotiee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Keotiee »

This book is for people who are into sci-fi. I didn't really like the book it was boring, but I guess everything has its people
marcie_sheeraw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by marcie_sheeraw »

the first chapters were a bit interesting but as I continued reading I was getting more and more bored
cturnerwill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cturnerwill.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by cturnerwill »

It was not my sentiments that the book was sluggish nor slow-moving at any point in the novel. I thought it progressed at an appropriate pace throughout; never too long nor drawn-out. The author wrote the book in good taste of balancing eventful and uneventful episodes, giving the reader a chance to recover from the horrorific or terrifying episodes. He adds romance and spirited moments to give emotional balance to the reader. Each chapter contributed to an element of excitement to the story as it simultaneously unraveled the mystery of the story. The author integrated the struggles, conflict, horror, and mystery, romance to make the novel sensationally enthralling.
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

I'd rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. The plot was well-organized which helped build character developments as the narrative advanced. I'd recommend it to people who fancy science fiction book.
EudoraMac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by EudoraMac »

Finally wrapped this up...and I have to start believing myself when I say I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi novels.
They're great as movies, but some novels just don't get me in the mood.

I liked the adventure in Zona though and it made up for the other less than exciting parts. Only people I'll recommend it to are die-hard sci-fi buffs not people on the fence like me.
Rize_99
Currently Reading: We Are the Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rize-99.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Rize_99 »

The book involving adventure and suspense is my personal favorite, whereas the book is dragging in the middle, which makes it hard to follow with few under-developed characters. I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker”