Review by Susmita Biswas -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Susmita Biswas -- How To Be Successful

Post by Susmita Biswas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The title of this book can make people think that this book is about the dos and don'ts of business. This was also my first impression. It is not at all like those books which contain some business strategies. Also, it is not like those books which focus on only making money. I got the privilege to know a wonderful person, the author, by reading this book. His writing was full of positivity. He not only gave importance to professional success but also defeating your weaknesses.

He was an owner of industries like medicine, fashion, manufacturing, distribution, and pharmaceutical at the age of 27. He made his place in society after a lot of hard work. But, a new problem came into his life and made everything worthless, and this problem was brain cancer. The oncologist gave him 60-70 days to live. He started to forget everything slowly. He forgot about eating, his insulin shots, etc.

How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy is a book where the author shared his two typed of struggle of his life. The former was the struggle for being a multimillionaire, and the later was the struggle for defeating cancer. Also, the author shared some knowledge about success both in professional life and personal life. The perspective on the success of some leaders and entrepreneurs is provided in this book as well.

I mostly liked the author's point of view on success. He believed in a balanced life of money and happiness. He wrote that people should have positivity in their ideology. The author shared some successful people's journeys who started their careers from zero. They are multi-millionaires because they never stopped trying. I liked that the author tried to make readers understand by writing real-life stories.

The author wrote about some common mistakes that we do, like giving excuses and not accepting our own mistakes. Some people give up their dreams effortlessly. At the edge of the precipice, we need to increase our willpower.

The author is an extremely positive and energetic person. I understood this after reading this book. He never gave up even after having brain cancer. He provided some inspiring quotations, and one of them was my favorite. It was - "You learn more from failure than from success. Don't let it stop you. Failure builds character." The short paragraphs made it engaging.

The only negative point about this book was the choice of font, and it created difficulties in reading.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I don't give it a 4 because the font created trouble for me. I didn't give it a 2 because I liked the positivity the author tried to convey. The book was professionally edited because I found only one punctuation mistake. There was no profanity in this book. I recommend this book to those people who lack enthusiasm in their lives, whether it is professional or personal.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Some people commit suicide just because of cancer, I like the courage to author took to fight it, great review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Wow this is quite a unique storyline, and the book goes to my to-read shelf. Thanks for your review it's interesting enough to make me want to read the book.
Mukukamm30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukukamm30.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Mukukamm30 »

Nice review. It's encouraging to learn that the author did not give up and went ahead to write a book on how to become successful.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a wonderful one. The quotes you've included in your review are captivating and inspirational too. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Imstaci-1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imstaci-1.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Imstaci-1 »

I was certain that this book would talk about what to do and what not to do in business in order to be successful. I think this angle is worth reading.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the approach the author takes towards discussing how to be successful. I like his strength despite his medical diagnosis. Nice review.
Kevivas03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevivas03.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Kevivas03 »

Self-help books are my favourite. Success is not all about money, that is a fact that most people need to grasp. Everyone need a positive attitude especially because of the pandemic that we are currently facing.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I like the angle this book takes, and I agree, enthusiasm and positivity are key to success. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Wow! Some people just have amazing resilience and positivity. We should definitely learn from them.
Thank you for the inspiring review!
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book is quite informative. I agree with you regarding the font. I didn’t like it either. Great review!
Reader047
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader047.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Reader047 »

This book seems to be informative read, as the way it's depicted from this well-crafted review. Thanks for this insightful review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I'm looking forward to reading this book, it seems to be very inspiring :) Thank you for a great review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I read this book a while ago and agree with you. The positivity of the author was contagious. Thanks for your honest review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wuoketch »

I really hope to read this book some time. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”