Review by Aisha_123 -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Review by Aisha_123 -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Aisha_123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mountain and The Goat is a children’s story about the essence of giving, being resourceful, and planning. It starts with a person going up a mountain and seeing a goat. Thus, a journey of giving and receiving began until a goal is finally reached. The journey is illustrated right from the beginning until the very end. This makes it easier for children to read, engage, and stay focused.

Taghaddos wrote succinctly while the illustrations further buttressed it. Towards the end of the book, the author’s note stated the moral lessons. The story stresses the importance of grabbing opportunities as soon as it comes. The phrase, “when life gives you lemons, make lemonades” manifests as you go further into the book. We should learn to use the resources we have and think outside the box to address current problems.

Another lesson learned is how essential planning is when we have a handful of resources. The conversation with the goat ended with a word of advice about planning. Without planning, our resources would not be managed properly, which can lead to wastage. These lessons altogether point to the concept of entrepreneurship. Children will gain a thing or two about entrepreneurship from an early age. Similarly, it teaches kids why helping people is crucial in today’s world. This further develops their communication and people skills.

I enjoyed and liked reading along with the narrator as they tell their tale of giving and helping. I was also able to learn along the way which makes the book suitable for both adults and teenagers. So, I recommend this book to children from ages three and above and also to adults. Anyone can read, enjoy, and learn. I found no errors while reading. There was also nothing I disliked about the story. I liked every single aspect. As a result, I will be giving this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Why in the World Are We Here?
Bookshelf Size: 2400
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I never would've thought about teaching entrepreneurship skills to kids. How interesting! I guess planning is useful for almost everything.
Great review!
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha_123 »

Lunastella wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 10:58 I never would've thought about teaching entrepreneurship skills to kids. How interesting! I guess planning is useful for almost everything.
Great review!
It really was a shocking read. Thanks!
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

What a lovely tale! I adore children's books that have meaningful and inspirational lessons behind them. Thank you for your detailed and creative review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha_123 »

MeganDJ wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 00:51 What a lovely tale! I adore children's books that have meaningful and inspirational lessons behind them. Thank you for your detailed and creative review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
Yes it really helps in shaping children's thoughts. Thank you!
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’ve read this book too. I appreciate the author’s idea of developing critical thinking among kids. Great review!
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha_123 »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 12:13 I’ve read this book too. I appreciate the author’s idea of developing critical thinking among kids. Great review!
Yes, paving the way for great minds. Thank you!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

The important lessons in this book are great for kids. Thanks for your lovely review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha_123 »

Elvis Best wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 17:43 The important lessons in this book are great for kids. Thanks for your lovely review. Good job!
Thank you! :tiphat:
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Rashida10 »

I like the strategy employed by the author in developing the story. The circulation of morals between backgrounds and characters is amazing. You chose a good book.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:

Post by Aisha_123 »

Rashida10 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 00:12 I like the strategy employed by the author in developing the story. The circulation of morals between backgrounds and characters is amazing. You chose a good book.
Yes, it was a great choice especially for kids. Thank you!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”