What is your opinion on Stephenie Meyer?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Eclecticmama
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Currently Reading: Chasing Fireflies
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eclecticmama.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 4314

Re: What is your opinion on Stephenie Meyer?

Post by Eclecticmama »

I read the Twilight Series after my very grown adult aunt told me they were amazing. First one was good, your typical love story, but became painfully predictable. And as the series went on honestly I was rooting for a main character death just to spice things up.
"Oh Edward I'm not worthy to lick your boots but I'm also in love with my childhood bestie who is also your sworn enemy you must never leave or I'LL GO DIE!"
"I will always protect you, except when I can't. Which is surprisingly often, despite my family and I having super powers. I also love hanging out with children all day, which is why I have never stopped going to high school."
But Stephanie Meyer seems like a nice person. I'd have a coffee with her, maybe discuss a few things. We would probably get along great. :D
nurse_kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Still the Best Hope
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nurse-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by nurse_kaitlyn »

The Twilight Series was great for an introduction to teen fantasy romance when I was just entering my teens. I do think her writing itself is not especially impressive, but she has come up with unique stories. I haven't read her most recent, but I still enjoy rereading The Host on occasion. It was such a unique idea and she created a fascinating history and race of "aliens" and how and why they took over humans.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

Her books are easy reads. The way she writes is simplistic and is nice to read after a long day. I do prefer authors who can create a theater in your mind though.
shirleym89
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirleym89.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by shirleym89 »

I thoroughly enjoyed the story line of the Twilight series. I commend her for that. I don't have much of an opinion about her though. I enjoyed her books, it ends there.

Return to “Discuss Authors”