Stephen King Movie Adaptations

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Almera101
Currently Reading: Aircraft Safety
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almera101.html
Latest Review: An Imperfect Crime by Fred G. Baker

Re: Stephen King Movie Adaptations

Post by Almera101 »

Christine wasn't a bad movie although it did differ in a few ways.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Didn't he also write Cujo? That was scary, I thought, because it's something that can very realistically happen. I thought It and Needful Things were better as books. The Jack Nicholson The Shining was an excellent movie. I think he also did "Running Man", but it had a different title and was in one of the Bachman books. I don't remember for sure if I read Misery, but I did see the movie and it was freaky. A couple years ago, I looked with horror at a short 2 x 4 type board I had picked up for some reason or another and had sitting around the house and I kinda got the heebie-jeebies for sure. I also liked The Stand in book form a lot better. I don't know if I ever read Salem's Lot but apparently the movie was really good because I watched it with my 3 siblings (all older - we were probably ages 5,6,9, & 13) and that night we all had to sleep in the same bed. They made me sleep by the window even though I was the baby of the family. Of course, I had the benefit of one of my relatives impersonating Dracula, laughing the typical laugh while walking around, probably in his tighty-whities (apparently I spelled that wrong) or pajama bottoms so, that kind of make me empathetic with the little vampire boy scratching at the window. "Stand by Me" was also one of the Bachman books and the movie was very good.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

I know that always books will be more awesome than movies but IT was awesome.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D

Return to “Discuss Authors”