Review by Bukiebaby4B -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bukiebaby4B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukiebaby4b.html
Latest Review: Living Forward After Loss by Kathleen Ho
Reading Device: B082793N2H

Review by Bukiebaby4B -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Bukiebaby4B »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We live in a world where we just move with the times and deal with whatever comes our way, but what really happens when we sleep and dream? Are we awake in another chapter of our lives? Are we living the same life but doing what we always wanted to do deep inside us? I guess we will never know. All we will have are our thoughts, theories and opinions of different scientists who convince us otherwise.

Wordlines by Adam Guest is a book that gives us a chance to give a thought about Many Worlds, different worldines that seem to connect but are separate, and parallel universes. It is a book about a young male named Gary who finds himself experiencing different wordlines through lucid dreaming. Gary lives an ordinary life, but through lucid dreaming, he encounters different selves of him doing different things that the original self would not have done or even thought about. This book talks about how death in our lives is not guaranteed and that it may be possible we live forever by experiencing different wordlines. These wordlines are different scenarios in our lives where they all connect through what we do from dreaming, day dreaming, thinking, etc.

What I enjoyed about the book was the science around it, it gives an insight of the world we live in and if you are an open-mined person who enjoys science, you are able to read the book with thorough thinking and observing the world around you more than you have been doing so. I did not find anything I disliked about the book as the plot was relatable and as you read you read with understanding and actually wondering about the world, human brain and what happens when we are asleep.

I did not feel confused at all by the book, the chapters were written orderly, they spoke about Gary in different worldines and it made perfect sense. Nothing was too complex to understand. If you are into sci-fi then this is the book for you and if you are a person who thinks a lot about the world and what happens within it, then this is a must read for you!

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was well-written. And it made sense through and through. It was well edited and there were minor errors in the book. No profanities were found in the book. I would recommend the book to anyone who is interested, from children all the way to traditional adults.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I read the sample of this book and did not find that it was my type of book even though I like sci-fi. I am also not fond of the banter which opens up your kind to possibilities. Otherwise the book is well written and easy to understand like the reviewer said.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”