Review by +claratatenda -- 80Bites The Dancers Diet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
+claratatenda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claratatenda.html
Latest Review: 80Bites The Dancers Diet by PhysicalMind Institute

Review by +claratatenda -- 80Bites The Dancers Diet

Post by +claratatenda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "80Bites The Dancers Diet" by PhysicalMind Institute.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

80 Bites: The Dancers Diet by Deborah Wingert is a weight loss and fitness book that gives a new angle on how to diet. The book is an educational read that allows the reader to learn more about the body in an interesting manner.

Great insight is given on how to make eating 80 bites a day a lifestyle. The body needs food to survive and so one has to eat food. The author challenges the idea of good food and bad food, bad fats and good fats. Both needs to be consumed in a good way. The book includes testimonies from people who have tried the diet. The testimony by Stephanie B is my favourite as I can relate to it. I started following the diet and now I find myself being full and not consuming much.

I have always been this big boned girl who is thick. With the constant media portrayal of a skinny woman being the ultimate image of women , I always jumped on the next train of diets as they were coming and going. I would lose weight quickly and gain it back very quickly. It became an anthem of gain weight and lose weight. After avoiding certain foods for so long, I would binge on the bad foods. So, I stopped dieting as it got me nowhere. When I started reading 80 Bites: A Dancers Diet , I changed my way of thinking. I am able to eat what I want but in smaller portions as my stomach has reduced its size and can now be full with just a few bites. My body is now losing weight gradually and I even feel light as I have no burden of restricting from the bad foods.

Wingert has a way with teaching on how the body run itself. I liked the fact that she challenged certain myths on body weight loss such as drinking tons of water. The book even gives more information on foods. Calorie count is not the utmost important aspect in weight loss but consuming few bites is.

I recommend this book to those people who have tried quick diets, like those that disqualify certain foods yet they still struggle to lose weight. This diet is a keeper as it is a lifestyle and allows you to enjoy and experience the pleasure of eating any food you want but in a modest way.

The book is professionally edited and very well written. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars as it provides questions and provides answers to them. The book offers a clear plan on how to undertake the diet.

80Bites The Dancers Diet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”