Review by emeraldlaurice012 -- Cat Detectives in the Kor...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Review by emeraldlaurice012 -- Cat Detectives in the Kor...

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula, by R.F. Kristi, is a pet-filled, family-oriented, and adventurous children’s book. We meet Inca, the Queen of Kitties and the Siberian Detective Cat, and her detective team. Their mom was chosen to be one of the judges in a famous competition in South Korea, and she’s bringing all of them along with her! Inca has two goals: protect mom’s new cheese so she could present it in Korea, and meet a Siberian Tiger. If she could pick up a new case for her team to work on along the way, that would be better!

I’m a dog person, but I adored Inca and her detective team! Inca is an entertaining narrator. She’s witty, imaginative, and compassionate. Fromage is vain and likes to brag, but they love him anyway. Cara is sassy and intelligent. Charlotte is very loyal. Terrance is the only dog in the team, and he is a real gem. He’s a big powerful dog who’s very protective of his family. Their personalities are all different, but they are a family, and that’s all that matters.

Some sentences were a bit redundant and too detailed, but only on the first pages. When they saw the painting of the Siberian Tiger, they were all awed. Inca then proceeded to point out every single one of her team and say that he/she was awed by the tiger. The author might have done this to single out the characters, but it was repetitive. It was basically just the same sentences, rephrased, but for a different character.

The story provides a lot of lessons to young readers such as the importance of friendship, family, and obedience to the elders and the law. The illustrations were good. While adding visuals to the story, some illustrations also had a humor aspect to it. I will certainly recommend this book to young readers and to their parents, who want to instill a love for reading into their children while helping them learn some important lessons along the way.

The book was exceptionally edited, I found no errors at all. The fact that it also offers educational knowledge to readers is a huge bonus point. Overall, I’m giving this book 4 out of 4 stars for the wonderful characters and their awesome adventure.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

As a lover of cats, this just seems so much fun. Thank you for the wonderful review.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

Oh man! I remember giving this one 2 stars. I just didn't like the scrabbled-up plot. Thanks for a delightful review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The Inca books are fun to read! I liked your accurate descriptions of each of the different characters. Your comment about protecting, "mom's new cheese" made me laugh. :-) Great review!
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I have read some reviews about this series, and have mixed feelings about this. Some say it's not very good, and some say otherwise. I guess I will check one of them out to see for myself. Thanks for sharing your review.
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

Inca and company series is always fun to read. Your review shows how much you enjoyed reading it.
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

pablo10 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 09:04 As a lover of cats, this just seems so much fun. Thank you for the wonderful review.
It really is! And they're all adorable

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”