Review by mrob371 -- An Imperfect Crime by Fred G. Baker

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrob371
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrob371.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review by mrob371 -- An Imperfect Crime by Fred G. Baker

Post by mrob371 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "An Imperfect Crime" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An Imperfect Crime: A Detective Sanchez/Father Montero Mystery

By

Fred G. Baker

Three friends imagine and plan out the perfect crime…or have they? The story begins in Phoenix, Arizona in 2013 with three friends, Peter Simpson, Allister Brown and Sarah Parker, who are young novelists feeling the unpleasant sting of rejection. In desperation, they create the perfect crime story and follow through on planning a fake murder using the perfectly planned plot in Peter Simpson’s book to get publicity. But it backfires on one of them.

Fast-forward to one year later at the execution of one of the friends on death row – and Father Guillermo Montero walks into the picture not completely convinced that the man is guilty. But no one believes that the murder was fake, and Peter Simpson’s friends are nowhere to be found. Father Montero teams up with Detective Lori Sanchez and the two of them, along with many detectives and police departments; begin a wild goose chase across two countries, several states and many dead ends to solve the mystery.

What I liked most was all of the detail that Fred G. Baker went into describing the crime scenes throughout the book and specifically toward the end of the story. The police work and the investigations were also vividly described. In several descriptions, I could visualize the scene and imagine being there. The detail mentioned regarding the police work and investigations showed that the author researched the subject thoroughly. I completely enjoyed the major discovery on how the criminal almost got away with what was done and the creativity that went into the entire scene.

There was not anything I disliked about the writing or the story. The entire book kept me enthralled and when I wasn’t reading, I was thinking about it! It was exceptionally well edited. The twists and turns in the plot will keep the reader guessing from beginning to end.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The story was fast-paced, thrilling and very entertaining. It kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end.

There is profanity in several places with one instance being in chapter 3. There are also instances of rape and violence. People who are bothered by this type of graphic nature may be unable to tolerate several parts of the story. The style of writing in An Imperfect Crime would appeal to all readers of thrillers, mystery and suspense.

An Imperfect Crime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

Thanks for the review. I do like when scenes are vividly described in books. I would like to know what the perfect crime entailed. I will be adding this to my to red list.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”