Official Review: The Omicron Six by Endy Wright

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Official Review: The Omicron Six by Endy Wright

Post by ayoomisope »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Omicron Six" by Endy Wright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Distinct heroes have risen! Fate brings them together and reveals powers and abilities beyond human imagination: heightened senses, telepathic abilities, and revelations that will shock you to the core. Follow The Omicron Six by Endy Wright and be blown away by the ingenuity of science, the brutality of humans, and the power of family and true friendship.

Cooper Callister is bright and good-natured but doesn’t speak (or so they thought). Coupe Daschelete is scrawny and nicknamed Single for being extremely poor. Additionally, he has a very traumatic and disturbing past. On a fateful day, Coupe saves Cooper from a bully, leading them to become friends. Cooper can hear thoughts and has super strength, while Coupe is super quick. How? With questions burning in their minds, a bond is made. The unusual pair faces both physical and emotional dangers that push them, test their abilities, teach them, strengthen their bond, and ultimately lead them to the origin of their existence. What they find is truly astonishing. What are they? Are they the only ones? Is the world truly ready for them?

This book navigates the trials of two characters: one suffers from abandonment, abuse, and neglect but radiates uncanny and admirable positivity, while the other enjoys the bliss of a happy home but is in torment of his inability to keep the voices out. The friendship the boys strike and the trust between them is so exciting to read. Although this book focuses a bit on abuse, Endy gives his characters such great will that at the end of the book they are fully developed, from Cooper’s parents to other characters later introduced. There is a question of morality, as some decisions made by some of these characters are questionable, but overall, the elements of this book are simply amazing—from the simple, yet enthralling, style of writing to the amazing plot, relatable characters, distinctive scenes, and captivating storyline. This is a science fiction book that was exceptionally well-written and edited, with no grammatical or spelling errors.

I appreciate how Endy infused humor into this book. I absolutely love Coupe’s character; his vibe and way with words is amusing to read. Also, it is absolutely brilliant how Endy steadily builds his scenes and then takes an unexpected, but fantastic, turn. I also appreciate how vivid the descriptions of the scenes are; I was immediately transported into the world of The Omicron Six. This book has such a gripping effect that engages the reader until the end. The ending of the book is both hilarious and satisfying. In particular, the cliffhanger from the excerpt of the sequel is riveting. I absolutely cannot wait to read the sequel.

I award this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I applaud the author because the book is exceptional, very interesting, and impressive, even though it is his first novel and the first in its series. Indeed, this is a powerful book that shows us that no matter the evil, there is always light in the dark and that family isn’t just about blood relations but also about love, acceptance, and trust. The book contains some vivid fight scenes as well as abuse and molestation scenes/descriptions. It also contains vulgar language, so it is not suitable for a younger audience. I would recommend it to lovers of science fiction works with compelling characters and a dose of humor.

The Omicron Six
View: on Bookshelves
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

In such dark times, it's great to see a novel that has a positive message in a well-developed plot and with excellent protagonists. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Maríe Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Maríe Wamakima »

This is such a great review! I would love to know how the boys got their superpowers.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Great review! Thanks!

Today's BOTD is a Scifi novel filled with an engaging storyline and well-developed, interesting characters. The added element of humor will also keep readers turning pages. Although it's not the one for me, fans of the genre will thoroughly enjoy this first-in-series novel and eagerly await the next. Thanks again for the outstanding review and keep up the great work! :-)
Sue_neth_ak
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sue-neth-ak.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sue_neth_ak »

Sounds like the book is spreading the positivity we need to see. The two character descriptions sound like they have so much potential. Thank you for your detailed review:)
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

The description of the boys' characters is really interesting and I am curious how they develop throughout the story. The book title is quite mysterious too.
Maddie Atkinson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: A Date with Justice
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis
fav_author_id: 84942

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

It's great when an author has such a way with words that they transport you into the world of their imagination with which they are sharing with you. Great review, I look forward to giving the book a go!!!
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

This review is quite interesting. The book seems like it would be a fascinating read as it follows the two different boys down their various paths. I quite enjoy these sort of books and your review was very easy to relate with. Great work, I look forward to reading this book.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

No matter the genre, if it has humor in it, it will surely be enjoyable to read. I am curious on what the superpowers of these boys are and their upcoming adventures. Thanks for your review.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I love books that put found family at the forefront. It is important to know that especially for those who don't have a great situation with their biological family that you can make yourself a family from people you choose to have in your life. It seems like an emotional story about healing with some fantasy elements. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow&rsquo;s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I am not a sci-fi fan, but this book sounds intriguing. I love books, of any genre, that include humor! However, the vulgar language and the scenes of abuse and molestation are not for me, so I will have to pass on this one. Thank you for the wonderful review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the thought reading a book about friendship and has humor. Nice review, thanks.
SaraHysaro
Currently Reading: Batman
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by SaraHysaro »

Gripping is right - the sample was delightful to read, and left me eager for more. The genre is exactly my sort of book, which is a definite plus on top of being a fun read. I'm definitely adding this to my Bookshelves to pick up later; this story seems far too in line with my tastes to risk forgetting about it. :)
ankushavhad
Favorite Book: Gardening With Guns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankushavhad.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by ankushavhad »

Seems like a gripping adventure mission by buddies in the line of superhero spirit. The blended humor adds more flavor to the plot. Great review, ayoomisope. Thanks.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing young adult fantasy highlighting abandonment, abuse, neglect, superhuman powers, and the power of family and true friendship. The book has a free sample on Amazon Kindle and has a uniquely captivating OnlineBookClub review. Congrats @WrightEndy on the BOTD.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”