Ending

Use this forum to discuss the January 2022 Book of the month, "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.
Adeyemi6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Ending

Post by Adeyemi6 »

I must say that the author surprised me with the ending, which was not what I expected. I was startled to learn that the story took so long to finish. I'm guessing the tale will be wrapped up in the following book in the series.
bello jamiu5
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-jamiu5.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by bello jamiu5 »

The fact that the story took so long to end surprised me. Londyn Skye appears to have more to offer in this masterpiece. I'm thinking the story will be concluded in the next installment of the series.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

I read the book with great relish although I got stuck at the ending. The ending was indeed unexpected and difficult to comprehend but I must say that it left me in complete awe. It was nothing like what I had imagined. Still, I feel that it destroyed the rhythm and smooth flow that was initially created in the beginning of the book.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

Wow! I ddint see it coming. the ending was very unpredictable. It didn't follow the usual ending of romance novels. It really left me hanging but I loved it because it was obvious that it was intentionally induced by the author.
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

I see that many authors commit the same mistake when they want to either leave the story on a cliffhanger or to make their audience better anticipate their upcoming sequel. Ending a story perfectly is a difficult job for any writer but I agree that it has such a big impact on a reader’s experience with the book. I understand the purpose of the author but I believe the ending could’ve been better.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

As I got it, there are two more books about Lily, “The Old World” and “The Ultimate Grand Finale”. This strange ending was undoubtedly written because future sequels. :wink:
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I agree with you, the ending was abrupt and too annoying. Makes me want a sequel but if the author wanted us to be pleasantly surprised then it failed.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Mounce574 wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 15:45 The ending left me hanging but I think it was intentional. It was a motivator to make you want to read the second book because the result could go in several different directions.
That seems to be the intention, but I think that it lost many of the readers for how rushed and abrupt the ending ultimately felt. Much of the audience is no completely puzzled as opposed to being excited. Thanks for your insight!
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 15:02
Wesusa wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 13:20 A common trend permeating a great many of the reviews of "The Prodigy Slave" on the site revolve around its cryptic ending. I recently read through it, and although I enjoyed the book for the most part, I too was a bit confused by the ending. While I quite enjoyed its significance to the story and its nature of being a cliffhanger does induce some excitement for the sequel, I don't think it stuck the landing completely. It felt a bit abrupt and not cohesive enough. What did you think of the ending? Was it effective, or did it simply not need to happen?
I agree that the ending was abrupt and convoluted. Instead or providing a cohesive end it created problems with the attempt to be a cliff hanger.
I definitely agree with you. It really could've been wrapped up in a singular book. Now this second book brings up a multitude of problems for the readability of the story.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

I think that the ending was intentionally made abrupt and fast. I don't like when I can predict the ending of the book or the film. So, the ending is justified, at least for me, as it is unpredictable and leaves the possibility of another book.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I believe this book will be followed by a sequel. Ideally, everyone or a large number of readers were dissatisfied with way it concluded due to the inconsistencies revealed. I completely agree with what you've expressed, but we can't overlook about the plotline and how it deals with a contemporary and relevant issue that speaks value in this day and age.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I HATE books with cliffhangers. So obviously, I did not like the ending of The Prodigy Slave. It was a wonderful book with great scenes and raw emotions, but I felt like there was no resolution at the end and I gave to read a whole other book to find out what happens next.
Ana C Barrantes
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-c-barrantes.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ana C Barrantes »

The ending was abrupt and confusing. While I did like the story and characters, I think this is a story that can be told in one book. Ending it this way to try and get a sequel seems counterproductive when it left many of the readers unsatisfied.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Elisa Joy Ocasla wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 04:27 I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I believe this book will be followed by a sequel. Ideally, everyone or a large number of readers were dissatisfied with way it concluded due to the inconsistencies revealed. I completely agree with what you've expressed, but we can't overlook about the plotline and how it deals with a contemporary and relevant issue that speaks value in this day and age.
I have read all 3 books and it sums up the all loose ends and it has a multitude of obstacles that arise in the next 2 books.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Edem Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edem-michael.html
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Post by Edem Michael »

The ending was quite abrupt and it left me hanging. I do not think that it was effective enough, but I think the author had a reason for ending it this way.
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Return to “Discuss "The Prodigy Slave" by Londyn Skye”